Would 128gb (vs. 64gb) of RAM make Enscape perform better?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Whenever I run my render Enscape seems to be chewing through gobs of memory. I'm typically at 70% or more of 64gb of memory by the time I get to my single render.

Would increasing my memory to 128gb or getting significantly faster memory (I'm DDR5 2700mhz) improve Enscape's performance at all (time to render) or is my RTX 4090 doing all the work there? Feels like when I'm waiting for renders I'm just watching the memory slowly get consumed.

• Official Post

wilschroter , thanks for your inquiry - If your scenes aren't overly large then the 64GB of RAM you have built in should not bottleneck the RTX 4090, especially since Enscape mainly relies it's onboard VRAM (video memory) for the most part anyway. And in that regard you should also have more than well enough available.

In any case, you should not experience long rendering times anyway and walk-throughs should be smooth of course. In which resolution are you usually exporting your renderings? And just to make sure, how long does your 4090 take to render them (in seconds)?

• The SU file is 40mb but the total render (I use lots of proxies) includes about 1gb of assets. From the time I hit "render" to the time the render is complete is about 11 minutes. Prior to the render I'm using about 5gb or less of memory. By the time the render completes it sometimes eats up as much as 30gb or more.

Spec is RTX 4090, 64gb RAM, i9-13900k

• Official Post

The SU file is 40mb but the total render (I use lots of proxies) includes about 1gb of assets. From the time I hit "render" to the time the render is complete is about 11 minutes. Prior to the render I'm using about 5gb or less of memory. By the time the render completes it sometimes eats up as much as 30gb or more.

Spec is RTX 4090, 64gb RAM, i9-13900k

Is there a chance you have been using our latest preview? Preview 10 had overly long renderings times, which has already been resolved just now with Preview 11. You can acquire that new version here. And, what is the resolution of your renderings?

Otherwise you can also forward our technical support team a feeedback report including log files which they can use to make sure that everything is working accordingly here, as 11 minutes, even with a lot of proxies is quite a long time.

I again appreciate any further replies, thank you in advance.