Mateial Library Error

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • thi

THIS HAS BEEN THE BAIN OF MY EXISTENCE WITH ENSCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE HAD THIS MESSAGE COME UP WITH SEVERAL VERSIONS NOW. JUST PAID FOR AND DOWNLOADED THE LATEST VERSION. STILL GETTING THIS SAME MESSAGE.

I've looked online to see other users are having the same issue as well. No one has given a reason why or a good explanation how to fix. Just been told to use an older version of Enscape. Well, that doesn't work, because I've used several older versions of Enscape and now the latest one and it's still an issue.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE AT ALL WHO KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE? PLEASE HELP.

• Official Post

paulknapp , welcome to our Forum.

I can understand your frustration of course and we're happy to assist you further as this issue can be caused by a few different factors which we can analyze further if you kindly send us a dedicated feedback report with log files to our technical support team as detailed here:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…back-button-win-sketchup/

You can expect a reply via e-mail soon thereafter - Thank you in advance!

If any other inquiries come up regarding Enscape please let me know too.

• IN CASE ANYONE COMES ACROSS THIS, I FINALLY FOUND THE ISSUE AND A FIX TO IT. LINK TO PAST Enscape Versions.

https://enscape3d.com/version-history/

Demian, in case someone else asks you about this, here's the temporary solution that I found. But it also raises new issues. I am using Sketchup 2021. I don't want to upgrade as I don't want to go through the painstaking process of downloading all of my plugins again. So I'll wait until late 2023 or 2024 before I decide to upgrade again. I've been keeping up to date with the Enscape updates, but somewhere down the line when I updated I lost the ability to utilize the material library. Fast forward to a couple of days ago, I updated to the latest version of Enscape 3.4 as of Jan 31st, 2023 and I lost the ability to open medium to larger files in Enscape. Once I realized it was crashing on several models during the loading phase, (something that was not happening a week ago) I uninstalled Enscape 3.4 and started working my way back to previous versions. I found Version 3.2.0 works to allow me to open these larger projects and I also discovered it allows me to fully utilize the material library. HOORAY. With that all said, I think it's a real shame I can't use the latest version of Enscape. Especially when I just renewed this product several days ago. Maybe using Sketchup 2021 is the issue? Maybe not. Either way, I think from now on I'll stay several versions back on updates.

• Official Post

IN CASE ANYONE COMES ACROSS THIS, I FINALLY FOUND THE ISSUE AND A FIX TO IT. LINK TO PAST Enscape Versions.

https://enscape3d.com/version-history/

Demian, in case someone else asks you about this, here's the temporary solution that I found. But it also raises new issues. I am using Sketchup 2021. I don't want to upgrade as I don't want to go through the painstaking process of downloading all of my plugins again. So I'll wait until late 2023 or 2024 before I decide to upgrade again. I've been keeping up to date with the Enscape updates, but somewhere down the line when I updated I lost the ability to utilize the material library. Fast forward to a couple of days ago, I updated to the latest version of Enscape 3.4 as of Jan 31st, 2023 and I lost the ability to open medium to larger files in Enscape. Once I realized it was crashing on several models during the loading phase, (something that was not happening a week ago) I uninstalled Enscape 3.4 and started working my way back to previous versions. I found Version 3.2.0 works to allow me to open these larger projects and I also discovered it allows me to fully utilize the material library. HOORAY. With that all said, I think it's a real shame I can't use the latest version of Enscape. Especially when I just renewed this product several days ago. Maybe using Sketchup 2021 is the issue? Maybe not. Either way, I think from now on I'll stay several versions back on updates.

Have you alongside downgrading also forwarded the feedback report as inquired? :) We should be able to still resolve this after troubleshooting your logs even in our current releases, so please make sure to simply send one in, as we'll still receive the log files from 3.5 too. Thank you again in advance.