Enscape freezes for +20seconds on the first time of day change

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • When I launch enscape, and change the time of day (shift+rightmousebutton drag), Enscape freezes for +20 seconds (sometimes a full minute). After that Enscape wakes up and I can start changing the time of day. Subsequent time of day changes are faster.

Tested in Revit 2023 and all Enscape 3.5 preview versions.

• Official Post

When I launch enscape, and change the time of day (shift+rightmousebutton drag), Enscape freezes for +20 seconds (sometimes a full minute). After that Enscape wakes up and I can start changing the time of day. Subsequent time of day changes are faster.

Tested in Revit 2023 and all Enscape 3.5 preview versions.

We'll investigate accordingly - As it really never hurts, can you also submit a feedback report with logs? In case anything is going wrong here we should be able to analyze that via the provided logs. How large is this specific scene in which this occurs and/or does this happen in any scene of yours generally?

• I just submitted my logs. I can reproduce this is a file with only a single wall so I don't think it's tied to a heavy scene.

I can reliably reproduce it in both Revit 2022, 2023 and Sketchup 2022.