How to produce the same rendered view on different monitor size.

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • :thumbup: Ryanfernie - Yes, your request is really very very important :!::!:

Also for my / our workflow, the exact camera and render scene reproduction is a priority 1 thing and must be ensured, regardless of who is rendering this scene on which computer or with which monitor or even SketchUp-layout.

Even if I only change my own SketchUp-layout (big icons vs small icons or the main menus like layers or material in the window or outside or smaller or bigger, I won't be able to reproduce my own rendering scene !!??!!

So we already deal with at least three variables : monitor size, resolution and the SketchUp icon and menu setup with it´s own infinite sub-possibilities.

;) I hope that I have only missed something and I am curious to an answer as well ...

[pic below: just a testing - not one image matches the other exactly]

• Hi All - I'm certainly not an expert :) so not really sure if the following is useful, worth knowing or helpful even?
    Within Shaderlight Render or Render[IN] (both are simple SkUp render plugins which I' ve been using for years now), the height of any SketchUp viewport is always rigidly linked to the height of the respective renderer viewports.

So if you change any view port aspect ratio - no matter if in SkUp or in the renderer (by choosing any desired render resolution), only the rendered image width remains variable, the rendered image itself always remains congruent and this also to any native SkUp image export which additionally allows playing with SkUp´s native hidden line export in post pro for example which I love ...

Shaderlight (not Render[IN]) adopts this entire behavior even then, if you use two point perspective mode within SkUp, which is great because this display mode is so important as well! - Switching to two point perspective mode within the renderer is therefore not necessary.

However, this described characteristic allows any render reproduction on any machine under any layout setups ever without problems and avoids our problem discussed here obviously ;) but I still hope that we have only missed something ;)

• I afraid you found the limits like we all found at our personal beginning - limited mirror reflections, setups independent from the project file, inconstant render output ... . You don't have missed something. Only there are some more limits and we need to wait for the improvements.

Maybe it would be good to write a "known limits list" in addition to the feature list, so that not every beginner need to spend hours to found that there are limits. I think, critical is, if limits are be found during tight deadlines, for example if your client says: "please, now render a side view without perspective (orthographic)" and you found, it's not possible. OK, a list like this doesn't look good, but it would be very helpful to avoid trouble.

• :thumbup:! your idea of a "known limits list" is good !
    And to be fair we still have to consider that SkUp itself has not managed over all the years to enable a consistent verified own view port independent image export (at least in the Windows versions, I do not know the Mac behavior). Instead SkUp itself is still limited to its own user specific view port settings :( which can only be bypassed with smart export plugins such as Renderiza´s [SU]CH .

• Maybe SU is not so easy to handle. At Rhino all render engines provide a constant output, except Enscape.

I suppose, if the camera source point, direction and lens length is defined, a constant output should be possible. Looks like a simple coding task. I afraid the issue sounds so small, that it isn't fixed yet, but it is very important. Some months before I rendered dozen of design variations from one view. Later my client ask me for some more images and I didn't found the right viewport setup anymore. Horrible, I rendered all old images again. I wished such situations could be sure avoided.

• ... also we have to create "classic" architecture views - these however always under reproductive "laboratory" conditions and independent of the operator and his used machinery: e.g. last month variant A and B and 3 months later maybe variant C and D are following. - All these variants have to be given out absolutely identical: besides the scene ambient setups like light, HDRI or background etc., the camera perspective and the rendered images need to be identical. So it is the same studio scenario you described.

After all, this image data ends up in any layouter like Adobe Indesign, where the respective images simply get replaced, depending on the desired variant.

A change of image section or even the scale is a catastrophe then.

hmm - maybe any new setting like "Lock Camera" or "freeze this Camera" could work, which would prevent Enscapes render viewport from shifting or cropping both: by cutting off this special information comming from SkUp and by accidentaly done camera movements within Enscape itself?

• Hi all,

I work with Sketchup, Twilight Render, Enscape, Thea.

I do some renderings by superposing in Photoshop layers of sketchup images (lines, shadows...) and with Enscape or Twilight Render renders.

I encountered the problem to match the same image proportions too a while ago.

I find this extension by Eneroth very handy, it allows you to set the size of the viewport.

https://extensions.sketchup.co…/eneroth-viewport-resizer.

• What if you enable the video tool, save a keyframe of the view you want and save the camera path. This way you can load it on any machine. you might have to write down the FOV so when you load the camera path and go to the keyframe you can make sure its the same as before. Set you image size in the capture tab.

• Official Post

Pardon guys, I'm surely missing something but I tried the following in a an attempt to reproduce your problem:

- Created a dedicated view/scene in both SketchUp and Revit

- Set the image output resolution to 1080p via the Capture tab

- Rendered an image to be used as main reference picture

The rendered images look the same compared to the main reference picture when I:

- Adjust the Enscape viewport to various random sizes

- Change the resolution of my monitor to various resolutions

- Let my colleague with a 1440p monitor render an image with the same scene and settings

- Play around with the window size of the CAD solution / Move around internal icons in it

It would be helpful if you could give me further descriptions regarding your procedure so I can faithfully reproduce the issue that I can then communicate to the developers here.

• I just double checked to make sure I wasn't missing something. When I'm on my desktop computer I can resize sketchup window to whatever size and render the same image as long as "synchronized views is unchecked". As soon as I switch to my laptop with the same file I can't match the same exact view. Ive been rendering at 4K fixed size in the settings.

• Official Post

I just double checked to make sure I wasn't missing something. When I'm on my desktop computer I can resize sketchup window to whatever size and render the same image as long as "synchronized views is unchecked". As soon as I switch to my laptop with the same file I can't match the same exact view. Ive been rendering at 4K fixed size in the settings.

And you're also using the same exact saved view\scene on your laptop to render the image which has been used for rendering on your desktop machine, correct?

• I confirm to ryanfernie,

I reconstructed again 3 standard scenarios, all on the same computer and can not achieve only one single view-correct rendering.

Here only the arrangement of the toolbars and the menu trays is varied. All 3 renderings were rendered on the basis of a fixed SkUp scene.

(for comparison and only for me for verification I rendered this test parallel with Shaderlight Render - all 3 renderings are exactly the same and by the way, this also on different computers and on both platforms Win and Mac)

To vary the size or proportion of the Enscape Render Viewport only, matches the given CAD scenario and brings constantly correct concurrent render results which leads to the conclusion that Enscape´s interpretation only of the source CAD scenario is incorrect since it is influenced by the source CAD´s viewport proportions which is wrong.

• Official Post

EGIE , click the About button in your Enscape ribbon/context menu and then click the hyperlink "Visit download area" in the corresponding window.