Updated Educational Program FAQ

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community and especially Students,

We've introduced our updated educational program, which will now allow purchases of student and educational institutions licenses, with the advantage of newly added benefits, more in line to what we believe as a company our educational customers deserve - faster support, instant access to Enscape, the ease of a floating licensing system.

Please refer to the FAQ section below to read more about this new system, it's benefits and how you can apply:

Students

How can I purchase an Enscape student license?

To purchase a student license, please visit our website.

Will I be able to continue using my free student license?

Yes. As a free plan user, the changes will not affect you and you can continue to use your subscription until its expiration at no additional cost.

How can I renew my free student license?

Once your free student license expires, please visit our website and purchase a new license.

How long does the student license last?

The license is valid for 12 months at a time and can be renewed if student status is available.

How do I qualify?

Licenses are available to students who are currently enrolled part-time or full-time at a university or other government-accredited educational institutions such as a community college, vocational/training college, or a professional school. You are required to submit proof of academic status to qualify for an Enscape student license.

Acceptable documentation:

Student certificate

Student ID card

Letter of university or educational institution letterhead confirming your status

Transcript of records

The document must have:

The current date (no older than three months)

Graduation date / validity dates

Your full name

The name of your university or educational institution

The document submitted must be in English or have a translation

We do not accept screenshots of online portals or class schedules.

An Enscape license used to be free for students, why has this changed?

To ensure that Enscape and its services will be useful and efficient for our customers, we implemented a new policy with improved support for student licenses, allowing us to provide better experience to you and our future customers!

With the new plan you will get to enjoy numerous benefits:

• Immediate access to your license
    • Expert commercial-level customer support
    • Access to Enscape for Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Graphisoft Archicad, and Vectorworks
    • A floating Enscape license that you can access from anywhere
    • Full functionality and no watermarks
    • Preferential student rate

What is included in the Enscape student license?

The student license is a floating license that offers quick and easy access to Enscape’s real-time visualization and virtual reality software. You can plug it into the following BIM/CAD tools: Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Graphisoft Archicad, and Vectorworks. It’s available on all supported design application tools for Windows and on SketchUp for Mac.

Do student licenses differ from commercial licenses in terms of functionality?

No, student licenses are fully functional and don’t have watermarks. The licenses are strictly for non-commercial use.

What are the system requirements to use Enscape on my device?

To find out the minimum requirements to run Enscape on your computer, click here.

Can I purchase unlimited licenses with the student discount?

No, students are eligible to purchase one license with the student discount.

Do you offer student licenses to recently graduated students?

Student licenses are only available to active students who can provide proof of student status.

Educational institutions

An Enscape license used to be free for educational institutions, why has this changed?

To ensure that Enscape and its services will be useful and efficient for our customers, we implemented a new policy with improved support for student licenses, allowing us to provide better experience to you and our future customers!

With the new plan you will get to enjoy numerous benefits:

• Immediate access to your license
    • Expert commercial-level customer support
    • Access to Enscape for Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Graphisoft Archicad, and Vectorworks
    • A floating Enscape license that you can access from anywhere
    • Full functionality and no watermarks
    • Preferential student rate

How do I qualify?

Licenses are available for classrooms in government-accredited educational institutions such as universities, community colleges, vocational/training colleges, or professional schools, primary or secondary schools. Licenses are also available to commercial training companies such as training centers, delivering short or long term courses, non-profit organizations and research institutes.

The licenses are for non-commercial use.

Enscape’s educational products are meant for educational purposes only and are not to be used for any commercial (for-profit) work.

We’re a training center, not a university. Can we still access Enscape education licenses?

Yes. Commercial training companies are welcome to purchase Enscape Education licenses for their training needs, at a discounted price. To get a quote, please fill in this form or contact us at education@chaos.com.

What is included in the Enscape education license?

The license offers quick and easy access to Enscape’s real-time visualization and virtual reality software. You can plug it into the following BIM/CAD tools: Autodesk Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Graphisoft Archicad, and Vectorworks. It’s available on all supported design application tools for Windows and on SketchUp for Mac.

How can I get a quote for educational licenses?

To get a quote, please fill in this form or contact us at education@chaos.com.

Do you offer longer licensing terms?

Yes, we offer three-year term licenses with additional discounts.

Educators

How much does an Enscape license cost for an educator?

Enscape licenses are available to educators at no cost upon filling in the form on our website.

How do I qualify?

Licenses are available to educators who are working part-time or full-time at a university or other government-accredited educational institutions such as a community college, vocational/training college, or professional school. Educators include teachers, lecturers, and any academic instructor. You are required to submit proof of academic status to qualify for an Enscape educator license.

How long does it last?

The license is valid for 12 months at a time and can be renewed as often as you need.

How do I apply?

Complete the form on this page.

If any further specific questions come up regarding everything involving this subject, please get in touch with our educational department via education@chaos.com.

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “New Educational License System” to “Updated Educational Program FAQ”.