Has anyone ever encountered this error "It is using your GPU from NVIDIA" before?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • This error came out of nowhere, been using Enscape fine for a long time and suddenly some files are giving me this error. I am on the latest version and latest NVIDIA driver so I am a little lost for what the reason can be just out of nowhere. I was using it fine a couple of days ago.

Anyone ever encounter this before or have a solution? Can't seem to find any results from anywhere.

• Official Post

This error came out of nowhere, been using Enscape fine for a long time and suddenly some files are giving me this error. I am on the latest version and latest NVIDIA driver so I am a little lost for what the reason can be just out of nowhere. I was using it fine a couple of days ago.

Anyone ever encounter this before or have a solution? Can't seem to find any results from anywhere.

Welcome to our Forum.

Please make sure to simply click the first button in the prompt at hand "Close Enscape and send feedback." which will submit log files and machine information from your PC that will be helpful for further troubleshooting. You can expect a response rather soon after submitting said report. Feel free to also send one in manually if you experience any other problems in the future for which you require support.

• Hello, I have the exact same issue. My Enscape is up to date, and my Graphic cards are up to date. I'm having the same issue on two different computers. One has the Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000; the other one has the Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000. The same file was working fine last week.

• Enscape needs to change this error message. It confuses users and sends them down a futile troubleshooting path.

95% of the time this is Enscape's way of saying "your scene is too big."

- turn off any "RTX" features as those have been buggy in the past.

- turn off and/or delete unneeded geometry in your scene.

- reduce output quality and/or resolution.

- Get a GPU with more VRAM

• Hello rifkin, thanks for the tips. How do I turn off RTX features? Are those the problematic Enscape ray-traced shadows? -I typically have to turn that option off for Enscape to work but sometimes when I do that all shadows are wrong-. Thanks!

• hi there,

same issue here. i have very long loading time for a project when i try to use enscape 3D version 3.4 , and then it crash.

i don't have that issue with 3.3

my sketchup project has some imported "linked models".

when i'm trying to open it, it takes forever to open and then crash directly.

then, because i was thinking it might be due to the linked models, i tried to open the project without linked models into it, and it opens but it's very slow. it takes really long time to load textures. on the screesnots below, i drew some arrows where the textures takes really long time to load (it's not only textures from assets but also some random textures (the wood from the platform in the water)

If i try to open some linked models one by one, i noticed that one linked model makes to crash my enscape right away. so i thought it might be the linked model capabilities that has issues in version 3.4, but it also crash if i open it directly into sketchup and not as a linked model. i don't know if it's due to the edges and faces into that model but it's not a large file at all. in version 3.3 there is no issue to open it. it's very fast.

when my computer crash, i also often get such an error message, saying about i'm using GPU from NVIDIA.

my GPU is more than capable (RTX 3080 with latest driver's update), and it works perfectly under enscape version 3.3

see the screenshot below, with the message i get concerning my GPU. it mentions something about Vulkan stuff.

I hope this can help to fix anything buggy.

My last screenshot i posted is to show you the same model under version 3.3. it works perfectly fine and you will see it's not such a big model as i put all details in other files that i link afterward. but in version 3.4, this same small project crash right away with the same error message.

I hope this can be fixed as i don't plan to remain on version 3.3 forever, but due to some deadlines with my work, i have for now no other solution than downgrading to version 3.3 again.

I did already send some feedbacks this morning, including logfiles.