Material texture alignment offset

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Micha , but, the last screenshot was taken from Rhino directly, not Enscape, so it's a Rhino related issue, correct?

• Demian Gutberlet No, in this case the mapping of all objects isn't matched only. This is ok. The bug would be if the Rhino viewport mapping is not the same like the mapping at Enscape.

The question is what you get at Rhino and Enscape if you:

* first select all and press the "delete mapping" button to remove any mapping informations

* now press "apply box mapping" -> enter -> enter -> enter

This is the bug after the steps here

• Official Post

Micha , I've followed the exact same steps:

* first select all and press the "delete mapping" button to remove any mapping informations

* now press "apply box mapping" -> enter -> enter -> enter

And this my Enscape and Rhino output:

I'm very sorry that I seem to not get to the same Rhino output as you. It's also strange that the projects you send me always look different on my machine. At this point, could you actually send me a video showing this problem and in addition, some feedback via the Feedback button?

Thank you in advance.

• Demian Gutberlet Sorry, I don't know how to produce screen records. But maybe we could try to get the mapping working at your side first. I'm not sure you understand my goal, since your Rhino screenshot doesn't show the right look. If all objects share the same box mapping and texture, than the logo should be nearly invisible, since texture and texture placement are the same. If you enable "show mapping" than you should see the same box widget at the same place for all objects. Could you check it at your side please? Also could you post a screenshot of the mapping control if you select all objects?

Here a screenshot after I select all objects and enabled "show mapping".

• Official Post

Micha , I am aware what you're trying to achieve, I just can't seem to reproduce the same project yet I'm afraid. :)

Have a look at this:

And when I click "show mapping"

Am I missing something?

Also, if you want to create a short video of your procedure, so that I can faithfully reproduce your project, you could for example use OBS:

https://obsproject.com/

Thanks again in advance! :)

• In the kernel it's very simple and I don't know what I should video record. The bug is static. Only open the attached scene and start Enscape. Rhino and Enscape doesn't show the same texture mapping at the objects. That's all, that's the bug. Look at the screenshots - matching mapping at Rhino and "randomized" mapping at Enscape.

(Also I wonder why at your last screenshot so much mapping channels are shown. Only one is needed. I suppose so Enscape ignores all channels above 1. Best don't touch the mapping of my example file and only open&start. You should get that the texture clean shown at the Rhino viewport. But what you get at Enscape? I get a chaotic mapping.)

Here I selected all objects and enabled show mapping. (At the new Rhino file I placed the mapping around the object, so that it is better visible.)

Here a screenshot during I select all objects. Only mapping channel 1 is used and shown.

• Official Post

Micha , on two machines, the project looks like it does in your Enscape. Now I've opened the project on a third machine without changing anything and your project finally looked the way it should. After a bit more digging, I've found out that the third machine has newer update installed, so my guess would be that Rhino may still send the wrong information to Enscape, but it looks correct in Rhino itself. Just speculation though, I'll file this as a bug report and wait for a response from our developers.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and patience, much appreciated. I'll definitely get back to you once I have any news. :)