SketchUp 2023

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Hi Demian,

Why not release and installer of the current Mac version for Sketchup 2023 users.

I'm afraid development wise the compatibility support in that regard is simply not yet finished. If I misunderstand your question let me know please.

• Hi All, as it looks like it will be a while before Mac users get an Enscape for Sketchup 2023 update or an installer, here is a work around for getting Enscape working with Sketchup 2023 it will save you from having to jump between Sketchup 2022 & 2023. I have been using the current version of Enscape in 2023 for several week now and it works fine.

Open a new Finder window.

Open the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder"

Enter the following and click Go

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/plugins

Open a second Finder window.

Open the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder"

Enter the following and click Go

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/plugins

Hold option to copy the following files from the 2022 plugins to 2023 plugins folder

enscape_plugin

enscape_plugin.rb

• Thanks Demian

I shall stick with it installed in 2022 for the moment an am looking forward to the update with hopefully parity with the windows version, may I ask though (mainly for the sales team) can we please have a discount/extension on our next subscription as we are paying the same as the windows users but not getting the same features.....I do however agree with Arcgraohics above about an installer for the current iteration of the Mac version

all the best

Dan

• Hi ArcGraphics, just read your post and YES.... it works, thankyou for the workaround and now I can keep my workflow streamlined

@Demian, please would you explain to us why no installer was released when it appears that it is really really simple ?

thanks

Dan

• Official Post

Hey laxesandz and Jrowan , can you explain what you mean? The latest Enscape release for Mac does support SketchUp 2022, 2023 and 2024. There's no workaround necessary.