Does Enscape run on MacOS or iOS?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi! I'am architect and I have a iMac 2017 with a radeon pro 570. I used all on my mac (Sketchup, Archicad, Vectorworks, Autocad, Photoshop, etc.) only have Windows on bootcamp for Enscape. Please! Enscape for mac!

• Demian Gutberlet, when are we going to have this Enscape for Mac? you've already explained how the newer Mac computers are capable of running escape. and its been months. when are going to see this version come out. you've added everyones upvotes to reflect the further demand, although we haven't seen any information as to if there is any progression in the production of the Mac OS version.

• Demian Gutberlet, when are we going to have this Enscape for Mac? you've already explained how the newer Mac computers are capable of running escape. and its been months. when are going to see this version come out. you've added everyones upvotes to reflect the further demand, although we haven't seen any information as to if there is any progression in the production of the Mac OS version.

Demian has replied several times in the past few months. It isn't like they just click a button and a Mac version pops out. And Apple keeps moving the goal post, with the change to Metal for GPU processing and ARM for CPUs.

"At the moment, to be totally honest with your, there are no active plans to work on Mac OS support I'm afraid. As mentioned by Paul above, given that Apple is switching to their own CPU's instead of relying on Intel chips, that will only make things even more complicated and a separate whole development department would have to be created just for that - there is a lot of demand to have Enscape on Mac OS, but overall still simply not enough yet to justify spending all these resources, when we can use them instead to better our product further and further, even perhaps adding support for other CAD solutions soon for example."

"There is no release date information I could share yet, nor can I promise anything regarding Mac OS support, but it's something we do seriously consider - we're still taking upvotes into account and decide from there on. Still, we'll have to ask everyone here for a bit more patience - keep in mind that Mac OS support would require us to create a whole dedicated department for that, and it would also of course be a challenging task which has to be worth our resources in the end."

• Official Post

Thank you very much for all your feedback - everything including your upvotes will be forwarded of course.

• Boss just spent $6k on an upgraded Mac to be able to install a real time rendering program. Ended up with Twinmotion. I think Mac and boss need to up their game.

• Your boss spent $6k on a Mac when he could have spent $2k on a Windows computer and invested $4k in APPL stock. I've been very happy with https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops for Revit, SketchUp, Enscape and more.

• Apple M1 chips are looking very interesting and seem to perform like an i9 while running very cool. We will see actual benchmarks but I believe theyve found something here that pcs/intel left with their 5nm process and memory on chip.

• Official Post

All for your votes are being counted thank you.

• Can the new Mac book pro with M1 apple chips run boot camp windows and use enscape?

No.

There won't be anymore bootcamp on Apple Silicon.

(natively booting Windows on Mac)

Also pretty unlikely that there will ever be again eGPU support.

Parallels is also not yet ready for Apple Silicon.

(It runs but can't virtualize, so far)

And when it will be it may be only able to virtualize a Windows for ARM,

which may at one time being able to emulate X68 Apps.

Which may not at all be suited well for any demanding 3D, CAD or realtime Apps.

If you need Bootcamp, go with an Intel Mac.

• Hi,

just to try to undestand why there is no Enscape on mac:

(NO x LC) - DC = BE

NO = Number of offices running CAD on a MAC and interested in Enscape for mac

LC = Licence cost

DC = Development cost to transfer Enscape technology from PC to MAC

BE = Benefit for Enscape

NO = ?

Vectorworks declare 685'000 users.

Let's says 100'000 office licences are in use.

That mean that env. 50'000 are running on mac.

Let's says "only" 2'500 are interested in Enscape for mac with Vectorworks – only Vectorworks.

LC = ?

License for Enscape is 439$/Year

DC = ?

DC = (NOxLC) / BE

if BE = 1$ (what is still a Benefit)

DC = (2'500 x 439)/1 = 1'097'500$

Ok, it seems not credible.

So, i'am waiting for it!

Thank you!

;)

• I use and have used Apple hardware for decades. I am also an Apple investor. I'm typing this on a late model MacBook Pro.

Enscape is very GPU intensive. Even if 1) Enscape were available for the Mac but 2a) Apple hardware is limited to onboard graphics (shite for real-time) or 2b) using AMD discrete graphic cards (that perform a fraction compared their Nvidia counterparts) then why make Enscape for the Mac knowing users will have to pay 50% more only to get 1/2 the graphic performance?

Razer Blade 15 Base Edition

Intel Core i7-10750H

Windows 10 Home

15.6" 144Hz Full HD

GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q

16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

View details

US$1,999.99

16-inch MacBook Pro

2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz

16GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB of HBM2 memory

1TB SSD storage

$3,229.00

Seriously – you'd be better off buying a Windows laptop for Enscape for 2/3 the price and putting the difference into Apple stock. Your $1k investment could be worth $3k in 5 years.