Does Enscape run on MacOS or iOS?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • What is your quota on "yes" votes on enscape for Mac? Seems pretty obvious each vote actually speaks for 100s of mac users. When can we expect enscape for Mac OS? One of the more reliable, easy and time efficient rendering tool in the market and would love to use it as my firm only operates on Mac computers. Thanks

• What is your quota on "yes" votes on enscape for Mac? Seems pretty obvious each vote actually speaks for 100s of mac users. When can we expect enscape for Mac OS? One of the more reliable, easy and time efficient rendering tool in the market and would love to use it as my firm only operates on Mac computers. Thanks

Please take a look at some of the valuable comments in this thread and others. It isn't about "number of upvotes." With the new Apple M1 chips, you might as well (almost literally) be asking them to port Enscape to an iPhone. It's not a trivial task. While Apple graphics performance looks promising, it will still be far under what you'll get from a dedicated GPU on Windows. So even -if- there were an Apple version, they would be stuck answering complaints about poor performance and lack of features parity with the Windows version.

• Official Post

We're very certainly aware of all the demand for this implementation - I am not able to make any promises at the moment, just stay tuned. I'm not giving out any ETA regarding when or if we'll support Mac, but it's not like we're most definitely are not gonna support that system in the future, internal discussions are still taking place. All we can ask for at the moment is a bit more patience.

• We're very certainly aware of all the demand for this implementation - I am not able to make any promises at the moment, just stay tuned. I'm not giving out any ETA regarding when or if we'll support Mac, but it's not like we're most definitely are not gonna support that system in the future, internal discussions are still taking place. All we can ask for at the moment is a bit more patience.

OK:)

• It's possible to run Enscape on a Mac today using your existing Apple laptop for FREE without using Bootcamp! Here's how:

- First, buy a Razer Blade 15 for $1800. https://www.razer.com/gaming-l…ade-15/RZ09-03287EM2-R3U1

- Second, but some heavy duty velcro tape for $13. https://www.amazon.com/Strenco…k-Hook-Loop/dp/B00H3R9S1K

- Third, put 1/2 the velcro tape on the bottom of the Apple laptop. Then put the other half of the tape on the bottom of the Razor laptop.

- Finally, carefully but firmly press the bottoms of two laptops together.

That's it! Now when you need to use Enscape just do the following:

- First, save your design file (use Dropbox or similar) then close the lid of your brushed aluminum Mac Book Pro

- Second, turn the laptop over.

- Finally, open the lid of your brushed aluminum Razer Blade 15, open your design file (on Dropbox) and open Enscape.

Congratulations! You just saved thousands of dollars (vs buying a new MacBook Pro for $4k (with a GPU that's 1/2 the speed of the Nvidia 2070RTX) and can start using Enscape today. You've also saved $Millions in development costs for the Enscape team. What's even better is that using this technique, Enscape is effectively FREE because of all the money you saved vs wasting years waiting for Enscape for the Mac and because you didn't drop $4k on a new MacBook Pro.

Invest the rest of money saved in APPL stock.

One More Thing™ (to quote Steve Jobs). Using this technique your new laptop will be a bit thicker at the edge (see detail). But most people won't be able to tell the difference. Photos attached.

• It's possible to run Enscape on a Mac today using your existing Apple laptop for FREE without using Bootcamp! Here's how:

Hmmh,

my M1 Mac Mini does not run Windows by Bootcamp or VW.

And I am pretty happy that it does no more run any (reasonable) Windows.

As in the last decade, everything I need ran very well native Mac.

Interestingly that lowest specced Apple Devices M1 Mac Mini 16 GB

does already handle even my ugliest heaviest 3D or CAD Projects already

in CPU and GPU.

For CPU Rendering, I still have a fast 3950X 64GB RX6800 Windows/Linux PC,

but I avoid it where ever I can for multiple reasons.

And M1X is already near ?

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/…m1x-1898-vs-apple_m1-1804

And an opinion from a Blender Animator that shows some advantages of Apples

new Silicon and eliminating architectural bottlenecks :

(sorry a bit longwinded)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No, Intel Macs are already old school and outdated.

And Mac users often don't accept a Workaround by Window for several valid reasons.

No, I am sorry Phil,

Bootcamp is not a viable solution.

We want to use true Macs under macOS.

And we would like an alternative to Twinmotion as the only Mac capable real time

full Rendering package. Could be Enscape, could be Lumion, some of those other

Windows only alternatives, or just a new Mac Developer App from scratch.

This thread is already 8 pages and most of it are +1s.

Overall it does not help to point repeatedly to Windows workarounds.

• Hello, is it possible to run Enscape with an external GPU, as my Macbook Pro has the Intel Integrated Graphics, and if yes, which one is most recommendable?

• Official Post

Thanks, your feedback will be taken into account as always.

• Another vote for Enscape for Mac. We're a studio of six architects who all run Mac with Sketchup, Vectorworks and Cinema 4D. Enscape would be a no brainer addition to our toolset. :) We are also waiting for Redshift to come out for Mac through Cinema 4D/Maxon of course but we'd choose Enscape over that if possible.

• Vectorworks is a GREAT cad sw, but it's not made for rendering projects.

First of all, it is unable to manage 'proxy'

Second, texturing is very lack

So, I strongly hope to see a C4D version of Enscape.

Thank you

L.

P.S. It could be magic, if we could run the '.exe' app over iOS...

• Official Post

Thanks a lot - I've forwarded your feedback accordingly! Still, can you let me know what's missing to you currently when it comes to the material editor in Vectorworks provided by Enscape?

• My next computer will be a Mac with M chips for sure no more Windows!!

All I need is Enscape running with Rhino!

Please make it happen!

I'd hold fire until Rhino and any other apps you use have been redeveloped for M1 Macs, if those companies even have plans for it - The new machines don't have hardware support for stuff like OpenGL / Vulkan - which will likely cause you problems once Apple turn off software support for it.

Also the M1 Macs have no hardware raytracing support-which in my eyes makes them a poor choice for any kind of rendering work right now. Hopefully, that will change with time, but even so, expect the non-Mac hardware to function better for rendering.