Does Enscape run on MacOS or iOS?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Modern Apple machines include dedicated graphics cards (depending on the price and model though) which would be supported by Enscape just fine, it's just that the majority of older Apple machines only include a dedicated on-board Intel graphics chip, which is simply not efficient enough for Enscape.

We may offer support in the future (especially when more and more models will be released with dedicated graphics cards), but we cannot make any promises yet.

I'm forwarding your inquiry to support Mac in the future as well.

Well now every single new Mac will have amazing graphics down to Mac mini and MacBook Airs (Apple Silicon). iMacs and MacBook Pros have had dedicated graphics for like more than 7+ years... So yes maybe 8 year old machines won't run Enscape but that's ok most Mac owners have 2-3 year old machines and not older. Although I do have my 2014 iMac as a 2nd monitor to my 2017 iMac. Both have dedicated video. It is ok to just say : "we have not developed it for Mac and will look into it". Most people will not be running this program on a laptop so all the desktops (iMacs) $1299 and up have dedicated graphics. Soon they will have graphics performance which will way outperform the old CPU/GPU architecture of old ( Apple Silicon in iMacs will be amazing if low power M1 chips are any indication).

• Lol but why are you trying to run rendering programs on a laptop (geez what is that a 2014 MacBook?...its thick) ? Use a desktop 27" iMac for 2k and Bootcamp it if your nasty( or wait a couple months for those Apple Silicon Macs which won't be able to Bootcamp). I am looking for a Lumion replacement but will keep looking. Twinmotion isn't there yet and this program seems perfect other than no Mac support.

• Well now every single new Mac will have amazing graphics

ONLY if Apple writes suitable drivers.

It's all well and good to say the new M processors are fast but they're useless to us unless there are 3D drivers with accessible api's that dev's like Enscape can access.

My 2015 MBP is faster in 3D when it's running Windows in bootcamp than it is natively in MacOS, its exactly the same hardware, the only difference is that in Windows there are (not better) but more suitable drivers for the AMD Radeon card in the MBP.
    Until Apple thinks 3D is worth it, the M series are a dead-end for us.

• +1!!! now more than ever I can't go into the office and use my PC. my job provided me with a MAC and I can't run Enscape via parallels. lol. also , I use REVIT so I definitely have to run it on parallels. I would consider Bootcamp but splitting the hard disk and rebooting the whole machine at this point is hard to consider. anyways, if it happens to be available in the future for parallels, it would be a great convenience. thanks to the whole Enscape team and community!!

• Parallels and VMWare by their nature have and alway will have poor video drivers, I can’t remember the exact terms but essentially they don’t have direct access to the video card and rely on some sort of emulation/pass through functionality from the host OS; MacOS in this case.

So unless some invents a method to bypass the OS to access hardware directly and then Apple allows it (ha! Some hope) VM’s will only ever be poor cousins native OS’s

• +1!!! now more than ever I can't go into the office and use my PC. my job provided me with a MAC and I can't run Enscape via parallels. lol. also , I use REVIT so I definitely have to run it on parallels. I would consider Bootcamp but splitting the hard disk and rebooting the whole machine at this point is hard to consider. anyways, if it happens to be available in the future for parallels, it would be a great convenience. thanks to the whole Enscape team and community!!

Can you do remote desktop to your PC in the office? If you have a decent GPU there it would probably be worth it.

• There's a bunch of options; I've mostly just used Microsoft Remote Desktop (can get it in the App store.) Your PC in the office needs to be set up for remote access, and needs to be running Windows Pro edition (or higher) - Windows Home won't allow remote desktop connections.

If you have a Quadro card in the PC it will work, if you have a GeForce (or "consumer" RTX) you need to enable a fix for it to work over RDP.

remote desktop graphic card error

Other remote access options may or may not have that limitation; I think it's fairly specific to the Microsoft solution.

• If you use remote desktop you'll have 1) overspent buying a computer with a Quadro card (required by MRD) and your design process will be 2) incredibly frustrating because of the frame rate and lag during real time exploration in Enscape.

If remote desktop or a viable option for real time rendering then professional gamers would use it. They don't.

• I'm moving out of Windows and going full MacOS as I was many many years ago.

The performance of the new Macs with the M1 chip is amazing and I really would like to keep using Enscape on my workflow but if it doesn't run on the new Macs I will be forced to look for an Enscape replacement for my renderings.

I hear before that the reason for Enscape not having a MacOS version was because of the graphics performance... well the new M1 chip is establishing new standards so please get ready the MacOS version ASAP.... Please! :thumbsup:

• If you use remote desktop you'll have 1) overspent buying a computer with a Quadro card (required by MRD) and your design process will be 2) incredibly frustrating because of the frame rate and lag during real time exploration in Enscape.

If remote desktop or a viable option for real time rendering then professional gamers would use it. They don't.

Gaming cards work fine with Remote Desktop with the patch Nvidia issued. No Quadro required.

RDP is kind of a necessity in a work from home world. Frankly Enscape works better than I would have expected in a remote scenario.

• Twinmotion has some issues on my M1 Mini.

I'lld say it is not yet ASi ready.

I wait for a service pack.

There are some M1 Blender forks and it will get some M1 support

but we can't be sure how far M1 acceleration will get and how long

it will take.

But for me the Blender Intel Versions run quite well via Rosetta.

• Paul Russam Thank you for you reply.

As far as I know, Blender, Unreal engine, Twinmotion, SketchUp, and others are already running on the new Mac M1 chip.

I guess we have to wait until Enscape decide to work it out.

:thumbsup:

They all had Mac versions already, nothing has been done to the software yet,