Wish for v2.5 - no new big features, but fixing old issues

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

could it be possible to get a feature complementation round please? I have a long list of features that doesn't do what is expected or missing basic little features. For example:

* material ID is useless if DOF is enabled, since DOF effect is not applied

* VR mouse navigation doesn't allow teleportation at constant height, only jumping to the ground

* batch render tools doesn't use lens length of saved camera, so it is useless

* render output depends of the host application viewport

* DOF distance needs to be manual set for each view instead to use the camera target (Rhino, also needed for batch rendering)

* Enscape setup not saved to the project file

* background color

* background transparency

* color mapping "burn" to catch highlights

* spot light angle still limited to 90°

This enhancements would help a lot to get a smooth workflow. Maybe a Christmas release to fix all the old issues. ;) I'm sure there are some more ideas to get current features to 100%. The goal of the round could be not to code features for the next SIGGRAPH, only simply functionality like linking the camera DOF to the camera target or saving the setup to the project file. I hope this is possible.

-Micha

• Official Post

Hey Micha , thank you for the list. I'll file these points as feature requests / bug reports accordingly and add further upvotes to the existing corresponding storys which are already on our agenda through your voice. :) If there are any questions which will arise in the process, I'll let you know.

• My top 3 list for feature enhancements (although I think for each of them you could argue they are actually new features instead of enhancements :) )

- custom assets in the asset library so we can create our own

- color mapping "burn" to catch highlights

- Enscape settings saved in view

and in the smaller department:

- Self illumination doesn't work with Revit decals (it does for materials, but not for decals)

• Official Post

Thanks for the feedback Pieter , as mentioned to Micha , I'll file it as feature requests accordingly and/or upvote the corresponding existing topics through your voice. :)

• I sincerely hope that you can put the rendering quality problem first.

Yes, but this has nothing to do with 2.5, we will fix that before releasing 2.4.

• Just adding in my 0.02$...

Priority for me would be transparent objects casting shadows and tinting the light as it passes through them. Not just as you look through the material, but seeing the shadows get lighter as a surface gets more transparent and seeing the influence of hue/saturation of light passing through a transparent material on surfaces that the light hits.

Second to that would be making scenes/keyframes/panoramas all work the same way and all record the specific settings with the camera location.

And the third would be making the clouds prettier (& changing with sunsets/sun rises)

(This is excluding fixing the glitch where geometry moves in one group while editing another)

• Official Post

Priority for me would be transparent objects casting shadows and tinting the light as it passes through them. Not just as you look through the material, but seeing the shadows get lighter as a surface gets more transparent and seeing the influence of hue/saturation of light passing through a transparent material on surfaces that the light hits.

This has been filed as a feature request already. I've added your feedback and upvote to the topic. :)

Second to that would be making scenes/keyframes/panoramas all work the same way and all record the specific settings with the camera location.

Will be filed through your dedicated detailed description you've sent me. ;)

And the third would be making the clouds prettier (& changing with sunsets/sun rises)

Any further feedback regarding this? What do you miss about the way our clouds are currently rendered? :)