(Resolved) WARNING: Enscape crashes with the latest NVIDIA drivers

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

NVIDIA released a new GeForce Game Ready Driver (version number 531.18) recently, which will lead to an immediate crash upon starting Enscape when hardware ray-tracing is enabled.

Our developers are aware of this and are already investigating the issue. At this time we suspect it is a bug in the newly released driver, so rolling back to driver version 528.49 should be a valid workaround in the meantime.

If you still run into any unexpected issues after rolling back your NVIDIA drivers, please make sure to also submit a feedback report with logs files for further analysis.

You can now update to the latest game ready NVIDIA drivers once more as they've just resolved the problem with their recent update.

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Warning: Enscape crashing with the latest NVIDIA drivers” to “WARNING: Enscape crashes with the latest NVIDIA drivers”.
  • Apparently other bug issues as well:

Nvidia released a new driver update for its GeForce graphics cards that, among other things, introduced a new Video Super Resolution upscaling technology that could make low-resolution videos look better on high-resolution screens. But the driver (version 531.18) also apparently came with a bug that caused high CPU usage on some PCs after running and then closing a game.

https://it.slashdot.org/story/…after-you-close-your-game

• Hi to everyone

I have a desktop computer with a high system, but I cannot render due to the vulkan error.

So far i have tried all kinds of suggestions mentioned in these posts but i still get the same error. Although the number of polygons and mb of the project I am working on is very low, I cannot render.

I look forward to your support in this matter.

• Official Post

Please definitely submit a feedback report with logs to our technical support team for further review. Let me know once you've done so, this way I can have a look myself as well right away.

• I was having issues with Enscape crashing so was trying to update my drivers to see if that would solve the issue, but then I read about the graphics drivers issue. I instead updated to the studio version on this computer, but it still continues to crash. This is a PC with a GE Force RTX 3080. It continued to act erratically.

I then tried to move to my other computer and downloaded 528.49 on it. It is an Alienware laptop with the same graphics card. When I tried to launch Enscape, all I got was a blank white screen.

I of course have deadlines looming. Can you tell me which older versions to return to which are currently stable and when your fix will be out. I am sending a feedback report with logs from both computers now also.

• HI:

I have a large sketchup file and when I try to start enscape it keeps saying render error due to using GPU from Nvidia. When I open a smaller file enscape loads ok. I have sent the error log to Enscape. Can you let me know how to fix? Why does this file not let me start enscape?

Also, the 14 day trial started, due to this error I haven't been able to play around on enscape and render.

• Official Post

I was having issues with Enscape crashing so was trying to update my drivers to see if that would solve the issue, but then I read about the graphics drivers issue. I instead updated to the studio version on this computer, but it still continues to crash. This is a PC with a GE Force RTX 3080. It continued to act erratically.

I then tried to move to my other computer and downloaded 528.49 on it. It is an Alienware laptop with the same graphics card. When I tried to launch Enscape, all I got was a blank white screen.

I of course have deadlines looming. Can you tell me which older versions to return to which are currently stable and when your fix will be out. I am sending a feedback report with logs from both computers now also.

The current release and preview should both be stable for daily usage, only the current Game Ready NVIDIA drivers should be causing issues - If you haven't already you will receive a reply back from our technical team to your feedback reports. Thank you for sending them in right away.

This behavior will also generally be resolved with the next upcoming NVIDIA drivers as well as they've identified the cause behind this. Our Preview 15 coming out later will also circumvent this specific problem until then.

HI:

I have a large sketchup file and when I try to start enscape it keeps saying render error due to using GPU from Nvidia. When I open a smaller file enscape loads ok. I have sent the error log to Enscape. Can you let me know how to fix? Why does this file not let me start enscape?

Also, the 14 day trial started, due to this error I haven't been able to play around on enscape and render.

I'm sorry to hear about that - This might depending on your graphics card be an out of memory issue, but here our technical support team will also be able to troubleshoot this further with the provided logs. You'll hear back from us very soon if not already.

Also, not sure what error you refer to exactly or if you experienced any in that regard, but a 14 day trial starts as soon as Enscape is installed. You still should have 5 days left, but I can renew it afterward gladly if required.

• i've update the nvidia driver to studio version, i use 3.5 preview 15

and it works, but there is a strange line in middle of images, see attached but when i reduce the enscape viewport window size, the line is disappear.

but when i export to full HD resolution the strange line is showing again.

can you help with this ?

• Official Post

Hi, I am also facing the same issue with the enscape using sketchup. It keeps on crashing!

Have you already tried reverting the graphics card drivers of yours if you've installed the latest currently from NVIDIA? Also, just to make very sure, I reckon your system meets our requirements generally?

• Hi,

in my organisation few users are facing an issue. Enscape keeps crushing and the Troubleshooting does not work. I updated the GPU and even installed the latest GeForce RTX but it still has the same issue. I really dont know what to do anymore. I reinstalled Enscape so many times and facing this issue.

The users refer to Helpdesk and we are not able to solve this issue anymore.

Can someone please give an exact answer what needs to be done to get rid of this issue?

• Official Post

Hi,

in my organisation few users are facing an issue. Enscape keeps crushing and the Troubleshooting does not work. I updated the GPU and even installed the latest GeForce RTX but it still has the same issue. I really dont know what to do anymore. I reinstalled Enscape so many times and facing this issue.

The users refer to Helpdesk and we are not able to solve this issue anymore.

Can someone please give an exact answer what needs to be done to get rid of this issue?

Just to make sure as you mentioned you installed the latest drivers, this is actually what this thread is about in regards to that being an issue currently:

If you haven't please try reverting the drivers, and if that doesn't do the trick, please submit another feedback report for our helpdesk, and let me know which e-mail(s) you've used/are using (via a direct message for confidentiality) so that I can look them up in our system, as I cannot find any reports tied to the forum e-mail address used yet.

• Hello,

i am running into the same issue.. already tried older driver download, older version of enscape but it keeps happening...

I am running out of options :(

Edited once, last by MichielSw: Hello, i am running into the same issue.. already tried older driver download, older version of enscape but it keeps happening... I am running out of options :( i have send 2 crash reports just now, one with the newest version of drivers and enscape, and one with an older version of both... keeps crashing ().