(Resolved) WARNING: Enscape crashes with the latest NVIDIA drivers

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hello,

i am running into the same issue.. already tried older driver download, older version of enscape but it keeps happening...

I am running out of options :(

Thanks a lot for submitting the reports already - Our team is still busy analyzing the cause behind this and you'll receive a further reply rather soon.

If anything else comes up in the meantime please let me know too of course.

• Im having issues aswell. Have tried different versions of enscape, and im rolling back driver as we speak. I dont have issues with rendering or starting enscape, but i get "OpenGL/Vulkan context lost: Vulkan Error: vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost at wait for fences." crash in my log every time i try to import custom asset (.obj)

I have an exam to deliver on friday, and any help to resolve the issue would be great. Will edit if i find a working driver.

--------- EDIT -----------

I rolled back my driver to the recommended release and this seem to solve the issue for me. But, all objects i import into Enscape has a 100x scale. If this was an export issue, or an import issue (which could cause some crashes) i dont know. No wonder Enscape kneeled with a table that was 200 x 100 meter

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “WARNING: Enscape crashes with the latest NVIDIA drivers” to “(Resolved) WARNING: Enscape crashes with the latest NVIDIA drivers”.
    • Best Answer
    • Official Post

Could you perhaps share a few screenshots of that behavior? Are you making use of either our latest release or preview as well? Thank you in advance for any further reply.

Also, to everyone in this thread, you can now update to the latest game ready NVIDIA drivers once more as they've just resolved the problem with their recent update.

• Hi Demian,

Enscape kept crushing even with the oldest version of NVIDIA you mentioned. Then we installed the newest version and it still kept crushing. We reinstalled Enscape multiple times and it kept crushing again and again.

Our colleagues are not able to work like this and they stay behind their project deadlines. We as IT-Support are also not able to solve this issue. It is not our product and we have no access to see what is really wrong with Enscape.

We will be more than happy if you please help us solve this issue once and for all.

Regards,

Navid

• Official Post

I'm sorry to hear about that of course - As per my previous reply, have you also submitted at least one feedback report with logs via a machine on which you experience this issue? (There aren't any I can locate yet)

If so, then send me the e-mail(s) used in the form via a direct message, otherwise I will not be able to locate them myself. Thanks a lot again in advance.

• Dear All,

This is not resolved.

We are unable to load any of our complex models (means bigger than 100mb) in Enscape anymore with the latest update.

The only thing that works for us is downgrading to version 3.1.2 and usin sketchup 2021. but this is very counter productive as we are loosing verys useful features that were developed by both software teams in last 2 years.

We have sent our error logs numerous times.

Unfortunately nothing was resolved.

The amount of crashes that started happening in the last 6 months due to "driver issue", has been growing disproportionally. Our team literally can not work on latest version of enscape as no model is able to open any more.

We have 5 different rigs, we tried enscape on all of them, same issue since around 6 moths ago.

Enscape team literally blames everything on nvdia. It is always the driver, it is never the enscape.

• Official Post

That is very unfortunate to hear of course - Would you mind sharing some of the e-mails with me used to submit those error reports, just so I can look them up in our system to see what the results were? (I cannot find any tied to your e-mail) Via a direct message for confidentially ideally please.

If the systems meet our requirements these crashes should not occur that often with our latest release(s), and one of our developers has inquired if there is a chance to share any of the scenes with which you experience these crashes? Let me know if possible.

We don't want to blame NVIDIA here but rather make sure that everyone is aware that the latest previous drivers were causing major issues. These should still now be resolved with their latest update which specifically mentions Enscape in the patchnotes as well.

I'm looking forward to any further reply, and I'd really appreciate your cooperation.

• I'm afraid our experience has been the same:

1) updating the drivers ferociously does not seem to be helping

2) we are experiencing (1) enscape never starting. If it does eventually start, it takes 10min or so to start. And even if you do successfully launch it, it crashes every other minute.

One of our project managers reached out to me that they haven't been able to use enscape in 3 weeks because no one in the team (7 people!) is able to get it to run long enough to get any productive work done.

I am very very worried about how things have evolved the last year. It seems we've been going backwards instead of forward. For the first time in 6 years, we are looking seriously as the competitors to see if there's anything better out there. That's how bad it's gotten.

I'm available for a conversation with anyone on the developer team who wants to make time for a face to face.

• Official Post

I'm very sorry to hear about this Pieter.

Allow me to escalate this internally and issue another request we have to you:

I checked our system and saw that many of the existing past feedback/crash reports sent in over the past months were either submitted with an by now outdated Preview or Release. Thus, would you very kindly make sure to install our latest release 3.4.4 on as many machines as possible where you experience this and then submit basically a report per each machine? Where possible, please include some details about the crash per machine (and/or if this perhaps only happens in connection with one specific scene etc.). Since the previous NVIDIA drivers version number 531.18 were certainly causing a crash, I will also have to add that ideally the latest drivers should be installed on each machine too, or at least not the problematic version.

I'm very aware of the effort this requires and that this may take a good chunk of your time, but this way we have everything up to date and unified, since there have been reports as well in the past not too long ago where we did not receive a reply back when asking for log files or such. This is of course not about giving blame and we could've also notified you once more via e-mail so please don't get me wrong, but I just want to make very sure that the reports are all 1. using the same release Enscape 3.4.4 (and ideally up to date drivers) / 2. include a brief description of the issue.

Once again, thank you Pieter and we're hoping for your cooperation and if you decide to send in those requested reports please just briefly let me know so that we can stay tuned and process everything as quickly as possible with our developers.

EDIT: If some reports are sent in using a different e-mail than the one you're using in this Forum, please let me know via a direct message, so that I can locate them as well.

• For reference (if its of any use to you)

I'm currently running E3.3 on an RTX270 with Nvidia driver version 531.41 studio. I have Raytracing off as my 2070 isn't good enough and I'm having zero problems and load times are fine.

I'm skipping E3.4 as it did give me probs, I was experiencing hardware problems at the time which may have been the cause but I'll wait till E3.5 now.

• Thanks Paul Russam but rolling back to 3.3 is drastic for us. We would lose our asset categories, and in fact I'm not even sure whether our new (asset categories enabled) assets would work with the old 3.3 version. We'd also lose the ability to edit existing views. We're also working with Revit so maybe our issues are specific to that platform (I wouldn't be surprised as I'm seeing Enscape doing API syncs with Revit at very weird times, which might be contributing to our issues.

Demian Gutberlet Thanks. I do need to discuss this internally. We are using the 3.5 preview 1 version because that was the first version that supports hidden edges for enscape assets. It's going to suck having to go back to 3.4.4 but if that's what it takes to get it more stable I would do it in a heartbeat. My biggest issue is that there's zero guarantee that it would in fact fix the issue. But it seems to be prerequisite to work with Enscape support, as not a single of our crash reports have gotten further than 'install latest drivers and enscape version'. I also don't understand why Enscape is working one day, and the next (using the same enscape version and driver version) enscape stops working... Are you guys pushing updates silently perhaps?

• Official Post

Thanks Paul Russam but rolling back to 3.3 is drastic for us. We would lose our asset categories, and in fact I'm not even sure whether our new (asset categories enabled) assets would work with the old 3.3 version. We'd also lose the ability to edit existing views. We're also working with Revit so maybe our issues are specific to that platform (I wouldn't be surprised as I'm seeing Enscape doing API syncs with Revit at very weird times, which might be contributing to our issues.

Demian Gutberlet Thanks. I do need to discuss this internally. We are using the 3.5 preview 1 version because that was the first version that supports hidden edges for enscape assets. It's going to suck having to go back to 3.4.4 but if that's what it takes to get it more stable I would do it in a heartbeat. My biggest issue is that there's zero guarantee that it would in fact fix the issue. But it seems to be prerequisite to work with Enscape support, as not a single of our crash reports have gotten further than 'install latest drivers and enscape version'. I also don't understand why Enscape is working one day, and the next (using the same enscape version and driver version) enscape stops working... Are you guys pushing updates silently perhaps?

If anything there were some hotfixes sometimes right after a release which fixed a specific issue for example, but we are not usually pushing silent updates.

And yes indeed, while I cannot unfortunately ensure that 3.4.4 will work flawlessly on these machines, it will still give us those updated reports. If some of them may crash due to different issues and not just a single cause we can also rule out things like the drivers or specific release version.

As mentioned, I'm aware of the effort, but this allows us to have everything unified as much as possible.

• Hi Demian:

I have sent error logs to the technical support team. Downloaded new drivers tried everything, the graphics card is not out of memory.

I didn't get to render during my trial. Can you reset and give me a trial period?

Machine fingerprint: Wpu/KBB956JlkU/7K5CLLtR34jYQ04JoDrG0YrZ2J+0=

• Official Post

Hi Demian:

I have sent error logs to the technical support team. Downloaded new drivers tried everything, the graphics card is not out of memory.

I didn't get to render during my trial. Can you reset and give me a trial period?

Machine fingerprint: Wpu/KBB956JlkU/7K5CLLtR34jYQ04JoDrG0YrZ2J+0=

The trial of yours has already been reset once so we technically cannot do that twice in our system, but I'll gladly send you a 14 day temporary license instead so no worries.

Also, I can see that my colleagues requested a fresh set of logs on March 15th after you've followed their instructions so that he/we can assist you further thereafter, just in case you haven't see it yet you can get back to them accordingly so that we can resolve this. It's as simple as just submitting new logs via a feedback report as detailed here and we will be able to provide further help.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation too.

• Your colleague who emailed me back about the logs said she would also give 14 day trial. Do you mind sending me the temporary license please?

I resent the logs after March 15 but now I can't send any logs because I can't even use Enscape. Thanks,

• Official Post

Your colleague who emailed me back about the logs said she would also give 14 day trial. Do you mind sending me the temporary license please?

I resent the logs after March 15 but now I can't send any logs because I can't even use Enscape. Thanks,

Sending in logs does not require an active trial time or license. You can as mentioned simply make use of the feedback button once more and we'll receive the new logs.

I've also shared a temporary 14 day key with you through a direct message, but we'll of course also need to troubleshoot this behavior beforehand, so thanks also once more for your cooperation.

• Good day!

My enscape worked properly when I rolled back to version 528.49 driver version. But ealier today, my enscape suddenly crashes when I changing materials on the project i am currently working on. Is there any solution for this matter? I also tried updating to the lastest nvidia driver but the problem still exist. Hoping for your reply soon regarding this matter. Thank you!

• Official Post

Good day!

My enscape worked properly when I rolled back to version 528.49 driver version. But ealier today, my enscape suddenly crashes when I changing materials on the project i am currently working on. Is there any solution for this matter? I also tried updating to the lastest nvidia driver but the problem still exist. Hoping for your reply soon regarding this matter. Thank you!

Especially if this seemed to occur out of nowhere, please submit us a feedback report with log files right away - Our technical support team will check out your machine information and said logs to troubleshoot this as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, as the ongoing NVIDIA driver issue has been fixed you can eventually also upgrade to the latest NVIDIA drivers once more when you get the chance.

• I keep getting this error message when starting Enscape through Sketchup. I'm using Nvidia driver version 531.68 with a 3060ti. I was using the program fine just last night and didn't change any settings

• Official Post

I keep getting this error message when starting Enscape through Sketchup. I'm using Nvidia driver version 531.68 with a 3060ti. I was using the program fine just last night and didn't change any settings

Please click the first button as well to submit a report to our support team - They'll get back to you afterward with a solution or explanation very soon. Without your log files and machine information it's not really possible to troubleshoot a crash like this.

Meanwhile you can also try disabling ray-tracing as that can sometimes provide a (temporary) solution:

If for some reason you are not able to submit the report via the dialogue at hand you can also always send one in manually as detailed here.