Enscape 3.5 Preview 15

• Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 15.

NEW:

Improved SpaceMouse Support

• Custom Enscape button actions
    • Fix for mode switch not working for some customers
    • New navigation modes provided by 3DConnexion
    • Better movement in Object Mode with better center of rotation adjustments

Please note:

To be able to use the hotkey buttons you currently have to go into the 3DConnexion settings and configure them for Enscape manually. We also recommend setting "Camera Mode" as the navigation mode in the advanced settings. We expect these settings to ship as defaults with the next 3DConnexion driver update.

UPDATE:

Nvidia 531.18 Driver Crash

We’ve implemented a workaround for the driver crash with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Enscape No Longer Recognizes Favorite Views Created With Enscape 2.x

Enscape will no longer recognize the favorite state of views in projects that were created with an Enscape version older than Enscape 3.0 and have not been opened with Enscape 3.x since then. If you still need the favorite state for the views in such a project, just open the project once with Enscape 3.4.

BUGFIXES:

Image Capturing Crashes

We’ve improved the stability of image capturings with hardware ray-tracing enabled, which previously ran into a driver timeout (TDR).

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 14 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Enscape 3.5 Preview 14” to “Enscape 3.5 Preview 15”.
  • Hello dear Demian Gutberlet, please share the link for the test so that I download Enscape 3.5 Preview 15<3

Hi there 2dartistuz , you can always acquire our latest preview here. :) Remember to share any feedback with us please especially in case you encounter any issues.

Hello Enscape 3.5 Preview 15 does sketchup 2023 support?

Both our latest preview(s) and release support SketchUp 2023!

• Demian Gutberlet When are the previews going to include the asset color variation and lighting addition? I saw 3.5 is supposed to come out next month, yet arguably the two most important features of this update have yet to be tested.

I was wondering that myself as well. I fear another "oh...good feedback but it's too late now to do anything about it" might be coming our way :|

With other software packages I follow, the big changes are made early in the release cycle, so there's enough time for testing, bug fixing and fine tuning. It seems with Enscape it's usually the other way around.

• Something is messed up with lighting in the Enscape window live view in preview 15. See comparison of normal view in preview 14, and weird sections with incorrect lighting calculations in v15. As I turn the view I can see alternating patches of correct and incorrect lighting.

• Something is messed up with lighting in the Enscape window live view in preview 15. See comparison of normal view in preview 14, and weird sections with incorrect lighting calculations in v15. As I turn the view I can see alternating patches of correct and incorrect lighting.

Thanks for your report! This is unfortunately a known issue with Preview 15 and will be fixed with the next Preview release.