Rhino to Sketchup Assets not rendering

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi everyone,

I have been working on some models adding vegetation on Rhino and then I exported said model to Sketchup to work keep working there and I found out all of my assets stopping being properly visualized, they turned pure white instead of their usual green shader.

Is this a know issue? Rhino and Sketchup Assets are not interchangeable? That would be a really really bad things specially for someone who depends on Rhino - Sketchup workflow for a living.

Thanks for any insight. A very concern user.

• Just the way it has always been. The new host program is only going to see the geometry placeholders. Somewhere on the forum there was talk of a Revit script to interpret and re-assign proper assets when moving from Rhino to Revit. Not seen anything for Sketchup.

• That's just terrible and incoherent. Materials export just fine. So if I model a cube and add an Enscape material to it, it will export fine and work on Sketchup.

Hell, I can even import a Quixel model into Rhino, export it to Sketcuhp and it will work! How much more should this work with a specifically curated library by Enscape itself!!

The only assets that do not work are the specific Enscape library?!?

Year 2023 btw. No wonder humanity is lost.

Bet Chat Gpt can develop better than whoever came up with this.

• Materials export just fine. So if I model a cube and add an Enscape material to it, it will export fine and work on Sketchup.

Not really. Enscape just creates a basic Rhino material, and that is what Sketchup reads. Any Enscape-specific material tweaks do not carry over. (ie, if you change the material type from Generic to Grass in Rhino, you won't see it as Grass in Sketchup.)

It's the nature of Enscape working as a plug-in vs a standalone; they are more beholden to the host program as compared to some other solutions. Not saying it isn't solvable but it would require some sort of Enscape-specific import/export tool.

What is the Quixel workflow like? I've not looked at it in some time, is there a plug-in for assets, or are you just downloading and importing an .fbx file?