How to edit the default settings in the Default Preset file?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

With every new SketchUp file Enscape starts off with its default visual preset settings, which don't look photorealistic and require further tweaking. I have created a separate Preset file that I can upload but I would like to automate this process. Is there a way to directly edit the Default Preset of Enscape, so that it automatically starts off every file with the settings I want?

• My template contains

• About 20 tags(layers)
    • 3 initial scenes (basic tag visibility etc)
    • Enscape settings for panoramas, stills, floor plans and videos.

My 3 scenes consist of 2 for working/building and an initial one for rendering, the latter has the pano setting already applied.

There’s nothing stopping you adding a bunch of materials you often use and/or components too.

• What you can do is setup a preset (or several) and save them into your SketchUp template.

This is actually... genius! I hadn't thought of that, thank you!
    So this must mean that a .skp file can contain information from Enscape yeah? In this case visual settings?

Thanks Paul Russam !! :thumbup:

and ViggoPaulman , you are right! - "This is actually... genius!" ;) I also have determined so many things in my SkUp template, but I didn't come up with this idea either. :thumbup::D

• There's actually been a couple of things I've been meaning to add/edit in my default template for a while now, every time I start a new model I think "Oh, I must do this/that to it" but forgot as soon as I started modelling.

This thread actually go me to make the edits, so thank you ViggoPaulman for prompting me.

• There's actually been a couple of things I've been meaning to add/edit in my default template for a while now, every time I start a new model I think "Oh, I must do this/that to it" but forgot as soon as I started modelling.

This thread actually go me to make the edits, so thank you ViggoPaulman for prompting me.

You are most welcome mate! ^^ I also have been postponing "tidyups" in my templates for a long while (2 years? lol). It feels good to have everything clean and in place in 3D! :) Happy Enscaping!

• You know what would REALLY be cool? If SketchUp/Enscape could actually store a copy of PBR materials (Normal maps, Roughness maps etc) in the file.

I move my files between work PC and home PC all the time and every time it's a pain in the back because I have to reassign every single PBR material manually, because the file location doesn't match... Does anyone have tips for this problem?

• You know what would REALLY be cool? If SketchUp/Enscape could actually store a copy of PBR materials (Normal maps, Roughness maps etc) in the file.

I'm not sure if I'd want them stored in the SU file as its size would go nuts but even the ability to 'package' a project where all the external assets (texture maps etc) were gathered into a single folder would be damn useful.

I move my files between work PC and home PC all the time and every time it's a pain in the back because I have to reassign every single PBR material manually, because the file location doesn't match... Does anyone have tips for this problem?

Demian Gutberlet please have a look at our little buzzing here. If you could pass this to the devs that would be great! :)

• I move my files between work PC and home PC all the time and every time it's a pain in the back

You can arrange Your textures in the same location on both PCs.. D:/Textures/
    I know it is difficult to update both PC to contain the same files in the same folders as You add new continuously as You work.. but just picking one which will be the major stock of textures and then copying it once a year should solve the problem at least with most commonly used materials..

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet please have a look at our little buzzing here. If you could pass this to the devs that would be great! :)

As usual whenever you wish to forward something to our product managers and thus ultimately also eventually our developers please make use of our portal.

Usually as we did back then I would forward your inquiries as feature requests myself, but we prefer having that feedback tied to a name and contact generally in case we want to reach out to you for example if any questions may come up from PM's side, and this is their preferred method as well.

I appreciate it. :)