Always vertical by category or at placement

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I'm a Revit user.

Some categories I prefer always vertical. For example, cars. If I have a site with tens or even hundreds of cars, and the parking lots arent absolutely even, to prevent car tires floating in air or looking like they're lost all air pressure, I have to open the asset family in Revit, check "always vertical", and reload into the project. (As far as I know, there's no reasonable way of saving this setting for the asset family in Revit. If there is, a) I'd love to hear how, and b) this request is still something I'd personally wish for)

Request: general category default settings that you can change. I want plants to be straight (mostly), but all vehicles I want to be rotated according to the surface > It would be neat, if there was a setting for the entire category, OR, I could check "always vertical on/off" when I choose the asset and go to place in Revit. In the latter case, it could be an instance parameter, instead of it being family parameter.

Regards, I spend small but annoying amount of time editing the families

• Sheik I would recommend going to the Revit forums and listing that request there. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5…chitecture-forum/bd-p/133 Unless you want some sort of feature like that added to Enscape posting about it here will do nothing sadly. Chaos (Enscape) and Autodesk (Revit) are two separate companies.

Yes they indeed are but Enscape's systems create the Revit families, and when creating them, you can specify the parameter types - the software could also control the parameter types, it is technically possible and definitely not a Revit matter, rather just internal Enscape matter. Which is why I wouldn't post it on Autodesk forums. I'm also wondering if this echoes at all, if it doesn't, then it's naturally just my own personal issue - but I'm surprised if all the other parking lots in this world are always 100% non-sloped, heh.

• Sheik It sounds like you are talking about Enscapes assets. Which are just proxy objects for Enscape to replace when transferring to the render engine. They don't actually create families like what you would download off of BIMobjects or other similar websites. That's why all the assets are placed under the planting category. You might want to look at using the tools that lets you place objects in Enscape, even though it is far from perfect. I do not see them ever creating individual detailed families of the assets objects with parameters for each one.

• Sheik It sounds like you are talking about Enscapes assets. Which are just proxy objects for Enscape to replace when transferring to the render engine. They don't actually create families like what you would download off of BIMobjects or other similar websites. That's why all the assets are placed under the planting category. You might want to look at using the tools that lets you place objects in Enscape, even though it is far from perfect. I do not see them ever creating individual detailed families of the assets objects with parameters for each one.

Yes, I'm definitely talking about the proxy family objects. Enscape asset library creates the proxy families, and when it creates them, it surely can determine what values each parameters have. I of course referred to the Enscape categories