Enscape for Mac Now Available for SketchUp 2023!

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Please have a look at this post: Enscape for Mac NOT working with SketchUp (Service Pack) 2023.1

Sketchup has moved to a different UI framework with 2023.1 release which has conflicted with ours. Our next release soon will fix this issue.

Well, that's a bummer, I'm sure it's frustrating for y'all as well. Back to SU 2022! Is there an email list I can join to get these kinds of crucial updates in real-time once Enscape is made aware of issues?

• Official Post

Well, that's a bummer, I'm sure it's frustrating for y'all as well. Back to SU 2022! Is there an email list I can join to get these kinds of crucial updates in real-time once Enscape is made aware of issues?

There is no such e-mail list but in this regard we've also put a disclaimer on our download page:

Also, it's important to note that only SketchUp 2023.1 is affected, so you should still be able to use version 2023 without the service pack applied.

• There must be a roadmap or ETA for the next update? Can you give the people a hint instead of leaving them in the blind. As if the latest sketchup version is not supported. And a lot of features which are missing. I don’t think this is fair. They pay a lot of money.

• Hello Ryan,

If you are talking about video export: the UI part of the video editor was not in place yet when Mac version was released. It will be included in the next Enscape for Mac release version with the full* feature parity for Windows and Mac versions.

If you are talking about exe exports, things are a bit more involved. On Windows we also have issues with unsigned binary exports when Windows complains and requires additional clicks to allow execution. MacOS is much more strict in this and will not allow execution of such a standalone at all unless user goes into system settings and explicitly adds it to exceptions. We evaluate different approaches how to workaround this problem and there is no final decision yet.

Hello,

Is there any update on the release date for the next "Mac release version with the full* feature parity for Windows and Mac versions" and if there will be video export for Mac users? I've been waiting awhile to activate my subscription until video editing is available. Please provide the release date or at least an estimate on when we should be expecting it.

Thank you!

Scott

• Hello Scott L

I can't name specific date for video editor or any other feature, but the plan is to release service packs every few weeks, each including more and more missing functionality.

• Is there a list of what features do not work (and will not work) on Mac compared to Windows?

I need to show my boss that getting Enscape for Mac is or is not viable.

We already have it on PC but the boss seems to think on the Mac should be fine.

I tend to feel otherwise, especially with the parity disclaimer, and the obvious logic that Macs have rubbish GPUs comparatively.

• Hello Thiefsie

I don't think we have such a list published anywhere, so I can make one up to my best knowledge.

Note: Enscape floating license is not bound to specific OS - you can use the same license for both Mac and Windows.

Also you may just install trial version for Mac and see if it fits your needs.

Missing now, but will be integrated soon:

* Batch screenshot rendering

* Video recording

* Material library

* Annotation and collaboration features

Missing now, but will be integrated at some point not very soon:

* Standalone executable export

Not working and will not work unless Apple has proper ray tracing hardware:
    * Ray traced sun shadows

* Colored sun shadows

* Better reflections compared to non-raytracing version

* Better global illumination compared to non-raytracing version

Not working due to missing hardware and vendors compatibility:

* VR

I hope that helps.

UPDATE:
    Since M3 with hardware raytracing was released, we will definitely look into.

• Hello,

My company's IT tried reaching out to Enscape sales team multiple times in the past weeks for pricing and details for the Enterprise plan. They have not received any response yet. Would anyone know the pricing and details for the Enterprise plan? Trying to get this up and running for my Design team.

Thank you!

Scott

• Not working and will not work unless Apple has proper ray tracing hardware:
    * Ray traced sun shadows

* Colored sun shadows

* Better reflections compared to non-raytracing version

* Better global illumination compared to non-raytracing version

I love seeing this kind of transparency! Thank you for putting this together Alexander Devaykin ?

With yesterday's new release of the Apple M3 Silicon series including hardware-accelerated ray tracing and mesh shading, I'm curious to know if Enscape Developers will be able to take advantage of the new tech for Enscape for Mac.

• With yesterday's new release of the Apple M3 Silicon series including hardware-accelerated ray tracing and mesh shading, I'm curious to know if Enscape Developers will be able to take advantage of the new tech for Enscape for Mac.

We do keep an eye on it. No concrete plan yet, but this update is directly for our use case, so to say ;)

• Thanks for this...!

I will review this with the team as it will determine what hardware purchases we'll be making in the future.

Sadly I don't ever see DLSS/FSR being implements in the Mac environment either which is a huge downer, but the team does tend to like Macs around here for some reason.

• We do have FSR2.2 integrated in Enscape. People managed to port it to Mac and Linux - it is open source in the end. This will not be the case for DLSS sadly.