Similar Materials are Rendered Differently_1

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello Everybody,

I'm experiencing an issue with a particular material in my SketchUp model when rendered in Enscape.
    The Grey B&B siding on the left has a green hue to it for some odd reason, it's the exact same material in SketchUp.

If anyone knows what's the issue and how to solve it, please respond.

Regards

• You should give some image of material settings.. or at least names.. I am guessing it is a naming issue.. Enscape tries to be helpful so first time You start some model in Render window some specific key words in the name of material get some specific settings in material editor. If You have named the material xxx-marble--xx it will get quite a reflection.. simillar with "glazing" or "ceramic" or "Polished". There is a lot to adjust in ENScape material editor.. Materials can look very different flat in sKetchup and rendered.

There is an article about materials in Knowledgebase.. Scroll down to the very end to see about the keywords..

https://learn.enscape3d.com/blog/knowledgebase/sketchup/

• Tomasz Drgas, thanks for your reply. I know about SketchUp keywords for Enscape. Which I'm positive I don't have on that one.

On another issue, I noticed that the same material is not rendering the same around any corner 'See attached image'

The material I'm trying to show is a vertical board & batten of a taupe color.

I'm using a normal map for the vertical effect and using/editing the base/albedo color in Enscape material editor (Hex Code)

I'm using a HDRI skybox

You can argue that the light does affect the material rendering around the corner, but the one at the left corner is just blank, no color or texture.

Please advise.

• Well, You still didn't give the screen shot from Your's material settings. So I'll be again guessing..
    To clarify .. is the material in sKetchup the same in the sense that it is the same or it looks exactly same in sKetchup but it is actually different material.. I somehow was thinking the second but now I think the first.. anyways..
    is maybe Your specular up to 100.. any different than 50?

no color or texture

The material on left does have a colour and it is not white.. Hue seems wright. The material on right seems to have no texture either (if the lines were made with bump)

You can argue that the light does affect the material

There is no argue.. it certainly does. Unless Your roughness is 100% pure white.

Other thing that I can think of is that maybe somehow Your material on the left side got scaled up when You were positioning it.. then it will be all between seems with low roughness or high specular........

again.. You didn't show any bit of Your material settings..

So I will be guessing and You will say.. OHH that one as well no.. this one too..

Other thing.. If You not sure about sky influencing the look go to visual presets and as You rotate the sky see how much it affects Your wall..

as well MAYBE.. are You sure material is on its front side and what is on the back side.. usually ENS have no problem with that but back side sometimes is a problem if You apply png with alfa (or mask) or on the back of glass is brick...

again. I have no idea what your model or settings are..

You can upload Your sKetchup with any needed maps that You used.. I can see.. delete all that is not needed.. make it small..

• Hello everyone,

Same problem here,

The point is I am almost pretty sure all settings and materials are set correctly, but for some unknown reason, this also happens to my model.

I had this issue on other models as well but did not take it seriously, however, in this particular case, I have to fix it.

As you can see both faces shown with pink arrows are the exact same material and are shown in different colors and scales.

• Official Post

Hey hypercube, it seems like the change in color in your image is caused by the different angle of the surface. One side seems to get less light than the other. What happens when you change the time of day using Shift + right mouse button, then move the mouse? Do you get a different result when the light shines directly on both surfaces?

• Hey hypercube, it seems like the change in color in your image is caused by the different angle of the surface. One side seems to get less light than the other. What happens when you change the time of day using Shift + right mouse button, then move the mouse? Do you get a different result when the light shines directly on both surfaces?

No that is not the issue for sure.

As I might have mentioned everything is set correctly. The problem is with different sizes of the same material in two different spots.

• Official Post

Of course this is possible if you changed the texture scaling of the material (in SketchUp!) on one of the surfaces, but not on the other. Would you like to check that? If this is not the solution to the issue, and if changing the time of day doesn't help either, do you have a chance to share this model with me to take a closer look?

• Of course this is possible if you changed the texture scaling of the material (in SketchUp!) on one of the surfaces, but not on the other. Would you like to check that? If this is not the solution to the issue, and if changing the time of day doesn't help either, do you have a chance to share this model with me to take a closer look?

Well, I used to check this too but as during time I made sure that it is not the issue, haven't checked this on the current model. Anyways, I'll check and if it is not the problem I will upload the model here.

Thanks mate,