Standalone Exe retain scenes

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hey All,

So in Sketchup I create scenes with specific tags turned on or off. I launch enscape and using an xbox controller (or just through the menu) I can switch between the views and the render changes as expected based on what tags were on when the scene was created. Now...if i export to a standalone exe the views exist but nothing changes in regards to what was tagged on or off during the creation.

I am missing something or that expected for some reason? It does the same thing if using VR. The scenes are correct in Sketchup, they work perfect in Enscape when tied to Sketchup but if you VR it and swap views the location, time of day, etc all change as expected but things that were tagged on or off do not follow.

Any help you all could provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your inquiry!

Unfortunately, including SketchUp tags in Enscape .exe standalones isn't possible currently. Standalone exports create a static, optimized 3D scene, which doesn't support dynamic elements like SketchUp tags at the moment, simply because the live link to the original SketchUp model is severed during export, preventing updates based on tag changes.

You can feel free to forward this as a feature request to product management via our roadmap portal though, so that they can track the further demand for this - Thanks a lot again and if any further questions come up let me know.

• Hey Demian,

I was afraid that would be the answer for standalone. Is your answer the same for VR when using Enscape ALONGSIDE Sketchup and not standalone because it acts the same way?

Thank you VERY much for the quick response

• Official Post

Hey Demian,

I was afraid that would be the answer for standalone. Is your answer the same for VR when using Enscape ALONGSIDE Sketchup and not standalone because it acts the same way?

Thank you VERY much for the quick response

Pardon I'm not one hundred percent sure if I get that questions - While you can use VR within our .exe standalones, any changes you'd usually make in SketchUp (like moving/adjusting objects, adjusting tags, layers, etc.) will not be translated into Enscape VR either.

Of course while you can still set up different views and navigate through them easily within VR, tags and such will not be respected at the moment I'm afraid.

Please kindly let me know if I am missing something! :)

• Hey Demian,

My VR question is in regards to the the scenes and tags acting the same way when using VR via Sketchup & Enscape live as it does when you run a standalone exe. So what I mean by that is...you said above that what's tagged in sketchup as part of a scene does not transfer into a standalone exe due to the link between sketchup and exe not being there which i assumed and can accept. However, if i have Sketchup open and I launch Enscape to where anything i do in sketchup is rendered on the fly in Enscape i can easily toggle between favorites/scenes in enscape and they perfectly retain what i had tagged in that scene in Sketchup. However...if i launch VR (from live enscape still) i can switch between scenes/favorites and my location and whatnot moves but what was tagged in sketchup does not translate with it. So in this case the link between sketchup and Enscape IS there unlike the standalone situation yet they act the same.

• Official Post

Hey Demian,

My VR question is in regards to the the scenes and tags acting the same way when using VR via Sketchup & Enscape live as it does when you run a standalone exe. So what I mean by that is...you said above that what's tagged in sketchup as part of a scene does not transfer into a standalone exe due to the link between sketchup and exe not being there which i assumed and can accept. However, if i have Sketchup open and I launch Enscape to where anything i do in sketchup is rendered on the fly in Enscape i can easily toggle between favorites/scenes in enscape and they perfectly retain what i had tagged in that scene in Sketchup. However...if i launch VR (from live enscape still) i can switch between scenes/favorites and my location and whatnot moves but what was tagged in sketchup does not translate with it. So in this case the link between sketchup and Enscape IS there unlike the standalone situation yet they act the same.

Thanks a lot I now get what you're saying!

At least currently when you wish the layers/tags configuration to be translated into Enscape VR we can only advice doing that via SketchUp itself (via keyboard/mouse), if possible - When switching between views within VR these scene changes are not translated currently I'm afraid, but you can still forward this as a dedicated feature request to product management directly via our roadmap portal detailed here.

I do wish I had better news here as I reckon this isn't entirely ideal for you currently, but if there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

• So pretty much the same thing like with butch render. If You choose view manually via ENScape all changes will be applied.. but if You buch render only things that are saved in ENS view (vs SK scene) will be updated.. so basically cameras position, visual settings and Sun position.. I guess it is due to ENScape is suppose to work with many different cad programs not only SK.

I guess You can regard VR as one extra ENScape render window on an extra screen.? looks like that to me from what You both wrote..