Grass type - Height issue

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi everyone,

I am working on a model and need to make a grass surface with some tree ends.

When I set the type to grass it works almost fine on none-wood parts but between the part which has a low gap( around 3 inches/7.5 cm) the grass does not work fine and it almost disappears (it looks like Enscape needs more space to work fine). Anyhow, I tried different ways to come over this issue but none worked. I cannot add to the distance as it is a fixed-line.

Another issue is the grass height is a little too much for this design case is there any way I can lower it even further? ( the height is set to zero)

A screenshot of the model and grass setting has been attached.

Best,

Nima

• Thank you, Steve,

The problem with this method is that the shadows are dropping on the grass which makes it unreal.

I already set the model in this way but trying to figure out a better way.

• Is this still an issue over 3 years in? I don't need grass or carpet all that often in my renderings, but

it really does look terrible. Been a while since I needed it so I searched the forum and it looks like this has been a known issue for quite some time. Perhaps I'm just on a dated version and that's not accurate? Is the attached what a zero height variation and zero height carpet or grass should really look like in Enscape at the moment?

• I believe I'm using the latest release and if I try carpet & grass settings with zero height & zero variation I get the results below:

I think carpet setting is a bit misleading and I think of this setting more like a fluffy rug.

For carpet I find a texture with good bump or normal map gives best results.

• I think the faces with grass texture that Enscape uses are too wide to fit between the tiles. So Enscape simply can't fit a "grassface" between them. Maybe a displacement texture works in this case if you don't do any closeups?

Best,

Peter