Enscape 3.5-Custom Asset Editor-Invert Cutout Mask-NOT WORKING

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

The Invert checkbox of the Cutout channel in the Custom Asset Editor of v3.5 is NOT working. This has resulted in errors when rendering some of our custom assets that utilized the Invert tool for the Clipping mask.

We'll of course investigate this behavior right away, thanks for sharing this it's much appreciated.

• Official Post

Egrojeca , I was able to reproduce this behavior as well, I'll inform you once there's any further progress on this matter.

• Egrojeca , I was able to reproduce this behavior as well, I'll inform you once there's any further progress on this matter.

Hello Demian Gutberlet , thank you for the update. I was just wondering if there have been any further progress on this matter? If you could provide an update on the issue, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.:thumbup:

• Official Post

Hello Demian Gutberlet , thank you for the update. I was just wondering if there have been any further progress on this matter? If you could provide an update on the issue, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.:thumbup:

Our developers are still in the process of resolving this particular issue which should not take much longer, I'll reach out to you too once there's any further news!

• Hey Demian Gutberlet hope you're doing well! Just wanted to follow up on this Enscape issue. I appreciate you letting us know that your developers are still working on resolving the issue and that you'll update us once there's any further news. We're really looking forward to having this resolved as soon as possible, and we appreciate your help and support.

If there's any further information you need from us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks again for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you!

• Demian Gutberlet I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to kindly request an update regarding the matter. I took the initiative to try out the latest version, Version 3.5.1+109642, hoping that the patch would address the issue. Unfortunately, it seems that the problem still persists.

Considering the significance of this matter, we greatly appreciate your attention and ongoing efforts to resolve it. We understand the complexities involved in software development and recognize the hard work put into fixing the problem. Nonetheless, we remain optimistic that a solution will be found soon.

On behalf of our team, I would like to express our eagerness for any further updates or progress on this issue. We highly value your expertise and dedication in your work. Your continued support is immensely appreciated. Thank you once again for your assistance, and we eagerly await hearing from you soon.

• @Demian Gutberlet, @Ilias Kapouranis Hope you're doing well! Just wanted to check in on the matter we discussed earlier. I tried out the latest update, Version 3.5.2+112393, hoping it would finally fix the issue. But no luck - the problem is still there.

We're still hopeful that a solution will be found soon!

Our team is eager for any updates or progress on this. We really value your expertise and dedication in tackling this issue. Thanks again for your help, and we're looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

• Official Post

Egrojeca , thanks for your further post. The fix for this particular problem will be coming with our next upcoming preview - I'll notify you here once more after its release as well.

• Yes...we have noticed this issue with the cut-outs for our custom assets as well, and are hoping the next release will address this issue.

We also have made the following note to the enscape support team using 3.5.2+112393 in revit 2024

1. In the custom asset editor, within the 'reflections' channel...when a 'texture' file is selected...the custom asset will not show reflections for this texture file. Also the 'metal slider' has no effect on the custom asset or withing the custom asset preview window

2. The only way to produce reflections of a custom asset is to NOT select a texture file withing the 'reflections channel'. The 'metallic' and 'roughness' sliders will then work to produce a sheen to the asset material. (Not great, but it is a work-around)

3. Also, custom assets that were created pre enscape 3.5 will not show the reflections, or smoothness properly (all custom asset finishes are matte if they used a reflection texture file), unless the 'reflections' channel texture is not used

4. We are eagerly waiting for the next enscape release to address this issue. We are currently stuck using Revit 2024 for some projects as revit does not allow to 'save-as' to a previous release that would allow us to use enscape 3.4 until this issue is addressed.

...hope the new enscape is released soon :)

thanks kindly,

• Official Post

Please try our latest service pack 3.5.3 which you can acquire here, it should resolve this issue accordingly now.

Regarding that and the other issues of yours the same applies to you as well crushy , please also try our latest service pack that can be acquired here.

Should you still run into any of the listed problems thereafter, please let us know either via this thread or through your existing support case via e-mail. Thanks a lot in advance!

• Yes, thank you @Demian Gutberlet and team. The reflection issue has been solved with v 3.5.3.

I did experience 'failed to load render data' for 9 custom assets in the enscape window. I'm not sure what caused these few custom assets to load, as others loaded fine. I did re-create these 'failed to load' custom assets by importing the same .fbx or .obj files that they were originally created from, and these new custom assets did load into the enscape window just fine.

If I can narrow down the issue I will send the support team another 'ticket'