Red screen when batch rendering

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

When I'm batch rendering I'm getting a totally red Enscape window that slowly returns to 'almost' normal only to go red again on the next scene in the batch.

The saved render has red 'highlights' all over the place.

I was using 3.3.2 yesterday and everything was fine.

Attached:

Screenshot of the Enscape window

Resultant render with the red highlights

Exactly the same view rendered yesterday with 3.3.2 with no problems.

RTX2070

RayTracing - OFF

Denoiser - OFF

DLSS - OFF

Umm, if I manually render a still (ie not bach) everything is fine so its something to do with switching between scenes in batch.

I'll send feedback with a link to this forum post.

• Ilias Kapouranis no luck.

I've done an OBS screen recording (6ish mins) and I think I may have a hint as to what is going on:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm using an HDR for the sky and have the same sky set to different rotations in several Enscape settings.

In my video the 1 render is fine

The 2nd render does the red thing

The 3rd is fine

The 2nd and 3rd both use the same Enscape setting (hdr rotation)

It seems to me that the red flash/red highlights in the finished image only occur when a new Enscape setting is applied.

Near the end of the video, I show the view setting and the Enscape settings.

At the end of the video I change between multiple Enscape settings (hdr angles) and you can clearly see the flash each time.

• This helps a lot but I can't locally reproduce it. Does it also happen with the same view setup but with minimal geometry inside it? For example, just some cubes instead of the modelled house. If we can have a minimal repro case, then you could maybe share it with me to have a better look at it.

• Ilias Kapouranis I'm sending you a DM with a OneDrive Link to a skinned SketchUp 2022 file and the HDR I'm using in the model.

In the model I have 2 Spheres with the 2 glass materials I've used in the previously posed stuff. If you delete/Cut them then the model behaves as expected but with them visible Enscape will (for me) exhibit the red flash. The flash can be extremely quick as the model is so much faster with so little geometry.

If you place something more complex in the model and paint it with my glass material you should see the flash more clearly as you change views. (I do).

• I think the HDR I provided has been edited by someone who worked here before me, I wonder if they made a hash of it, and it's what's causing the problem?

You say you can reproduce the flash, is that with the hdr I provided or with one you have? if the former do you still get the flash with an hdr you know is good?

• After more testing, it doesn't seem a problem of the HDRI but somewhat tied to a reflective material existing in the scene but its very strange because it can even be reproduced with only the sphere with "Generic-Glass-Frost-Green" material.

The only way I found to workaround the issue without changing the scene is by enabling the NVIDIA Denoiser. Can you try that too?

• That seems to have done the trick!!, no more red flash during rendering or within the exported image. Thanks!

The only thing I see now is ... as the batch process transitions between 2 images there is a ghost of the previous image that fades out during the rendering process... Note the odd marks on the roof below.

The finished rendered images are perfect though so this isn't a problem; just an observation on a change between 3.3 and 3.5

• That's great to hear! Yeah the ghost image is already documented as a bug internally from the preview versions that we didn't have time to address. As long as it doesn't visibly affect the generated image, we are "good for now".

Btw you should try our improvements with ray tracing enabled for the GI and reflections. Although I wouldn't recommend rendering in 4000x3000 with RT on a 2070 :D

• Yea, the 8Gb on the 2070 won't even touch my usual stuff if I enable RTX, it just crashes out.

One day I'll get something with more oomph, I'd love to see what stuff like this would be like with RTX on:

Pano Tour: https://www.tours.blockcpm.studio/monabot-j/tour/

Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice clean design and presentation!

We made a lot of progress to prevent crashing of RTX features in 3.5 version. For example, I am personally working on a 2070 super and I don't have crashes in 1920x1080 even in more complex scenes than the one in the video. Increasing the resolution can make me go out of memory though.

Also, the High quality in 3.5 (with RTX on) is better than Ultra quality in 3.4 in most cases, so you could also try rendering with High in 3.5 (with RTX on) and compare the results.