Filled sections

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Enscape does not (currently) support the auto display section fills toggle in SU; turn it off to see what it will look like in Enscape.

However there is a simple work-around:

- R-click on your section plane and create group from slice

- select the move tool and move this outside of your geometry * (I normally hit [down arrow], move the mouse up and type [10000] to shove it above the model)

- turn off the display section planes

- enter into the group that was created and draw a large rectangle to encompass all the lines

- select all, r-click and explode. if there is anything blue (selected) then repeat until it's all exploded.

- get rid of all the floor and outside rectangle fills (should leave you with walls all filled in)

- exit the group and fill it with a dark colour

- (optional: create a layer called "section" and assign this group to that layer - the visibility of this group can now be toggled with a tic)

- move it down by 10001

- activate the section plane again.

(* the group you just created becomes the selection - if you click anything else before moving it then you will probably find it really annoying trying to select it again; it seems to be under everything you click on.)

• You're not clicking on the section plane - you need to make sure that there is no geometry under your mouse or you click on one of the section corner indicators. (It's tricky - click on the "view extents" button and you should be able to see the corners)

BTW anyone know if the SU SKALP plugin works with Enscape?

• Yes, you are right, thank you.

Sorry, one more question: if we can not make sections within a group in SP and have them visible in Enscape; is there a way to set a section just in part of the model, not whole and have it visible in Enscape?

Thank you

• I don't think so (but welcome to be corrected). Perhaps Skalp would do it?

The only way I know to do that would be in post-production (create two renders and then merge the relevant bits in image manipulation software). With the speed of rendering Enscape offers, it could be worth spending time on it.