In search of best practice in regards of Worksharing and Design Options

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello.

The team I am working with, and I, are in search of a 'best practice'/solution to a few problems that occurs when using Enscape in a shared, central model AND when working with Design Options.

Issue 1) Design Options.

Whenever I set up a 'saved view' in Enscape it somehow links it to whichever Design Option that are active at the moment. Meaning that when I choose a certain Saved View, not only does it change to the Saved View, but also change to whatever Design Option that were active when the view was saved. I can not find any solution to the problem I hope that somebody knows of a consistent work-around.

Issue 2) Synchronization.

Sometimes Enscape is 'understood' as an element by Revit - meaning that when we are two people working simultaneously in the same Revit file AND Enscape it is close to unworkable due to having to constantly having to synchronize. In other words; it is as if, we are two people trying to move the same element (EG. a wall) at the same time. The issue is not as frequent, BUT when it occurs it is a very insisting..

I hope that somebody is able to help.

• Best Answer

Issue 1) Design Options.

Whenever I set up a 'saved view' in Enscape it somehow links it to whichever Design Option that are active at the moment. Meaning that when I choose a certain Saved View, not only does it change to the Saved View, but also change to whatever Design Option that were active when the view was saved. I can not find any solution to the problem I hope that somebody knows of a consistent work-around.

This is a Revit thing. If you create a new view while inside a design option (regardless of whether that happens through Enscape or you doing it manually in the Revit interface), it will be assigned to that design option. You can re-assign the view back to the main model by doing the following steps:
    - open the view in Revit

- in the Revit properties palette, find the "visible in option" parameter

- set it back to 'none'

Issue 2) Synchronization.

Sometimes Enscape is 'understood' as an element by Revit - meaning that when we are two people working simultaneously in the same Revit file AND Enscape it is close to unworkable due to having to constantly having to synchronize. In other words; it is as if, we are two people trying to move the same element (EG. a wall) at the same time. The issue is not as frequent, BUT when it occurs it is a very insisting..

This is due to a design fault in Enscape. They are aware of the issue (myself and countless other users have reported it), but unfortunately very little action has been taken to resolve it. You can make it a tiny bit better by using version 3.4.4 or later and making sure every user is signed into Enscape using their Enscape account, but it's not going to make a major difference.

Hopefully your post here will remind the Enscape developers that this Revit worksharing issue thing is a huge pain, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.