How to use road texture without strips?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi Guys,

I wonder how someone could use the striped road texture properly, since it would be impossible to match the strips onto the road. The only texture available without strips is the road_10 which is not too bad but the other ones have an excellent finishing but, with strips, which again, are impossible to match your model.

I really would like to use the other ones without strips.

Thanks.

• Depending on how your surfaces are built, this would be controlled via UV mapping- using the texture position section of SketchUp will allow you to move the position easily.

There are a whole bunch here

Search Results on ambientCG

There are also some SBSAR files that you can use with Substance player to create your own textures.

• Thanks.

I dont have knowledge on UV mapping yet. And what about bends/curves? On Revit there must a different approach.

• Official Post

Hey alessandroj
    While you can scale and transform your textures in Revit, creating something like bends and curves, to my knowledge, won't be possible directly in Revit.
    Have you considered using 3D models for that and importing them as custom assets?
    Here's more info on that: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…ebase/custom-asset-lib-2/

• If you happen to be using Revit 2024 I highly suggest doing these via the new divided topography tool as it is the easiest and most accurate approach. If you are in an early version then you would need to cut out the strip section in your road subdivision and then apply a new subcategory for the stipe. I can further clarify this method if I need to! though here is a simple case where we achieve the road lines in the center. This is a feasibility model so we didn't go into super detail on the road or site textures but if we thought we needed to devote time to that then it would have helped the view!

• If you happen to be using Revit 2024 I highly suggest doing these via the new divided topography tool as it is the easiest and most accurate approach. If you are in an early version then you would need to cut out the strip section in your road subdivision and then apply a new subcategory for the stipe. I can further clarify this method if I need to! though here is a simple case where we achieve the road lines in the center. This is a feasibility model so we didn't go into super detail on the road or site textures but if we thought we needed to devote time to that then it would have helped the view!

In my opinion, the best way to create road stripes in Revit is to use railing. It will help to create strips on curved roads and on topography as well. I did a video about it a very long time ago. Skip video to @29:20

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In my opinion, the best way to create road stripes in Revit is to use railing. It will help to create strips on curved roads and on topography as well. I did a video about it a very long time ago. Skip video to @29:20

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you know how to get True curved geometry in Enscape as the geometry became jagged

• Do you know how to get True curved geometry in Enscape as the geometry became jagged

This is the reason I no longer use this method, and if you are using Revit 2024 then the best method is layered toposolids. Though with the railing method, you have to be designing on a close-to-flat site, any large changes in elevation will cause the jagged triangular effect that you see. I suggest trying the method of subregions that I outlined above as it will stay as a true curved geometry.

• Thanks for the replies guys.

I need to study the method mentioned by Kaj Burival, and layered toposolids by agawrys12

About the railing, I already use them but again, the strips on enscape texture look so much better (crispy and a bit fading) than a simple white solid on the floor (railings).

alessandroj Whether you use the toposolids or subregions method to get the best-looking lines I like to apply the normal map of my road to my stripping.

Ie. I may use the Enscape Material Library asset: Road 04, I will then duplicate this material as my "yellow stripe" and remove the albedo image map and instead just apply my yellow or white color. This way the rough texture of the road shows up under that yellow and it doesn't look out of place.

• I'm not sure why the admin deleted my previous reply. If the reason is the use of Chinese replies, I don't seem to have noticed that the forum has restrictions on the use of language. Or may I suggest you use some translation software?

By the way, I suggest using the Enscape road material as a base and modifying it on the map to remove the markings.

• Official Post

I'm not sure why the admin deleted my previous reply. If the reason is the use of Chinese replies, I don't seem to have noticed that the forum has restrictions on the use of language. Or may I suggest you use some translation software?

By the way, I suggest using the Enscape road material as a base and modifying it on the map to remove the markings.

I like to apologize if that was the case, when exactly (what time/date) did you post here previously if I may ask? Also, just in case I'm not misunderstanding anything but, we rather have our users themselves translate their message into English before posting as otherwise everyone here would have to use a translator instead. I've added this to our Forum guidelines as well - I hope you'll understand, and in any case thank you for the feedback of course.