housing project

• hi :-)

I just finished some new renders of a housing project in Copenhagen, designed by Steen Palsboell architects, that i wanted to share :-)

Everything (except the far most background from the street render) is 3d, and straight from enscape.

• Wow, your images are aesthetically, technically well executed and architecturally convincing ! It makes us happy to see what you do with Enscape.

Thank you very much :-) I'm happy to share the stuff we do with you... and Enscape is quickly becoming the most used program in my daily work :-)

Bravo !! - even the "wet street" scenery is believably well done :thumbup:
    Could you please show us an overview screenshot of the entire SkUp model ?

Thank you :-) The "wet street" is an easy trick to give the image a lot more depth and mood... and its fun to do ;-)
    The sketchup model isn't overly detailed, but I use a lot of proxies (people, cars, trees...) to get the job done :-) here is a screenshot of the model:

• Thanks ! and quite impressive yet :huh::thumbup:

I need to finally start to understand how this proxy thing works in Enscape.

I only know this from my work with Skatter and Shaderlight Render so far.

In Shaderlight the proxies are fully rendered then. How does this work here?

• Thanks ! and quite impressive yet :huh::thumbup:

I need to finally start to understand how this proxy thing works in Enscape.

I only know this from my work with Skatter and Shaderlight Render so far.

In Shaderlight the proxies are fully rendered then. How does this work here?

Proxies are one of the most important features, i think... without it, I would not be able to make advanced scenes like this, without destroying sketchup and my computer :-) I use skatter a lot as well, and it is fully supported by enscape (i used it for all the small leafs on the road in this scene). take a look at this video to see how proxies work with sketchup/enscape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU4F84xRKEY

• These look outstanding.

Any chance you could share you're easy trick for the wet street?

Stunning work, specially water reflection on Asfalt , wondering how did you do it....

Thank you both :-)

As Jonathan Knoefel points out, it all has to do with controlling reflections using bump and reflection maps for the road material:

first, we need a good diffuse (albedo) texture to get us started:

Then we need to make the bump and reflection maps, to indicate where on the surface we want the puddles (reflections). it is important that these two maps are coordinated in order to get the effect. the bump indicated where the surface has structure, and the reflection indicates... well, reflections :-)

that means we want the bump map to be smooth in the same areas that the reflection map is most reflective.

i made my bump by turning the diffuce in to greyscale, and then painting the puddles of water with a white brush, like this:

The reflection map is a bit more tricky, as the effect of water can quickly become "fake" looking if we just plug in the same texture here. Instead i made my reflection map by inverting the diffuse texture and the softly lightening the areas of the puddles in the bump:

now it is just a matter of plugging the textures into the material editor, and playing with the strength of the bump to get the right effect... in my case i had to use a value at around 0,6.

Good luck :-)

• oh... Thanks alot for details...

Depending on my work... Sometime I use created pump texture by Photoshop... To reach the effect... That albedo can't reach..

• i like the way all of you help everyone, please share everything that can help us to learn more. just tried to make part of road like that.. but i dont know where all people please tell me what the best setting :) what i must choose

Diff=50, Bump=10, Rough=100
    -------------

Diff=50, Bump=50, Rough=100

-------------

Diff=10, Bump=50, Rough=100

-------------

Diff=100, Bump=50, Rough=100

-------------

Diff=100, Bump=100, Rough=100

-------------