Gigantic %temp% folder in Rhinomakes it impossible to work with

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello community,

I'm having a enormous problem!

Every time a load a certain file from Rhino to Enscape it takes a lot more time then normal and is stuck at "Exporting geometry and materials" for a while.

While this is happening the "%temp%" folder for rhino materials grows into 140gb (The rhino file is only 2gb).

Every time i delete something else to get more space, the folder just grows.

Has anyone tried this before and has a solution?

I have deleted all the unused materials in rhino end moved all components from one file to another, still the same issue.

I also deleted the %temp% folder which helps until i load Enscape again, where it just creates all the files again (4860 TIFF files)

Please help, it makes it impossible to work with and i am running out of time.

Have a great day!

• Official Post

Right away, are you using our latest release currently, and does it make any difference if you revert back to 3.4.4 and try again?

If so please also submit a feedback report including logs to our technical support team:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

Should this only persist with Enscape 3.5 / 3.5.1 let me know, and in that regard you can still submit the report as well please, ideally alongside the specific "problematic scene" if you can share it? (You can use something like wetransfer.com for free uploads)

Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation.

• I've had the exact same issue of the ballooning temp folder, and extremely slow geometry export times. I downloaded the latest patch today and this issue is persisting - is there any plan to address this?

Last time I tried "Submitting Feedback" through the application I didn't receive a response until I followed up, and then was just told to update my drivers.

Is this a more appropriate place to receive help/submit logs?

• Official Post

I've had the exact same issue of the ballooning temp folder, and extremely slow geometry export times. I downloaded the latest patch today and this issue is persisting - is there any plan to address this?

Last time I tried "Submitting Feedback" through the application I didn't receive a response until I followed up, and then was just told to update my drivers.

Is this a more appropriate place to receive help/submit logs?

I am sorry to hear about that. To allow me to look into this could you kindly share the e-mail used for that report via a direct message? At least under the e-mail used to log into this Forum I can only find a previous report to which we've replied with a solution.

I'd appreciate it and thanks a lot in advance.

• I've experienced this issue in certain projects as well; are all of the materials Enscape materials? If not, try changing the material type, (in the Rhino material editor/panel), to an Enscape material. That ended up working for me.