2K vs 4K textures not noticable in Enscape

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • a dead simple checkbox in the settings menu

I’m perfectly happy to have that but the current setup (ie compressed) should be the default. If you want to have uncompressed/full fat textures you should be the one(s) burdened to change the checkbox.

This forum is only visited by a small % of users and an even a smaller % ever comment, this thread has only 8 users (me included), I just don’t think it’s something the vast vast majority of Enscape users care about.

• I’m perfectly happy to have that but the current setup (ie compressed) should be the default. If you want to have uncompressed/full fat textures you should be the one(s) burdened to change the checkbox.

This forum is only visited by a small % of users and an even a smaller % ever comment, this thread has only 8 users (me included), I just don’t think it’s something the vast vast majority of Enscape users care about.

I agree we're a small subset of users, but I'd hope they'd be listening to users that care enough to comment on functionality of the software. We also report and troubleshoot bugs often. Programming and UX design are two different animals and a user base's voice is pretty important on the UX side of things.

• I would hate to spend my time trouble-shooting maps that are too large, much less imagine what the burden would be for average users like Adam.Fairclough describes.

See, I didn't know they defaulted to downsampling and had spent a LOT of time trying to figure out what the heck was going on. At the same time, I was trying to figure out if a 2k map (or even 1k) would suffice vs a larger 4k version, while setting up my own material library.

• Yeah, I feel you about the wasted time trying to figure out stuff like this. Thanks for asking the question though, it is something I've been curious about, as I've always felt like my textures don't render as sharply as I'd like. I just chalked it up to the "good enough" nature of Enscape.