Enscape panorama Uploads and Academic Licenses

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I teach at Bellevue College in Seattle, WA and next week I want to demo to students how to export panoramas and then make a gallery or tour from them. However, they will be using academic licenses on the school computers, so I am wondering where the panoramas will end up since they don't have individual logins and passwords to Enscape since they don't have their own subscriptions. I'll do a little trial myself, but hoping to get some guidance or workarounds from the experts also.

• But, if seems that you need an account and password to sign into the Enscape License Center. Since students working in our lab have not purchased Enscape themselves (they are using the academic versions purchased by the school), can they still make an Enscape account and sign into the license center?

Thanks!

Diane

• Official Post

But, if seems that you need an account and password to sign into the Enscape License Center. Since students working in our lab have not purchased Enscape themselves (they are using the academic versions purchased by the school), can they still make an Enscape account and sign into the license center?

Thanks!

Diane

Pardon the delay and confusion, that was unfortunately a spam account which you replied to.

I'm afraid in this case there will be no account to log into to create/manage panorama tours as in general no Enscape accounts were created when we still offered the "older" educational licenses before our updated model. You are currently still using a license acquired prior to February 07, 2023. This means that your students should still be able to create panoramas, but no tours or uploads to the main account will be possible.

Just in case you may consider it in the future, our current student/educator licenses are fully unrestricted at this point, also allowing access to an Enscape account like a normal user would have. Which in turn also allows for user management like detailed here if that's of interest.

I hope that clears things up even though I'd wish I had even more positive news. If any further questions arise let me know of course!

• Official Post

dldieterich2 , to add as a final thought: There are third party solutions like "marzipano" which allows one to create panorama tours rather easily as well, and this particular tool is free too. Some of the results from another user can be found here (3DVista).

Of course again just in case of interest and if creating tours was perhaps something students wanted to try themselves.