Enscape plugin extension error - extension manager - Sketchup 2017

• Hello all,

thank you for this amazing program, it has helped us a lot, especially in fast test renders ! We will be posting some soon.

We purchased the program a few days ago (Sketchup 2017) and it keeps popping up a notification about a new update.

Once I go to the extension manager though and try to update it i keep getting the following message:

"Failed to update Enscape for Sketchup. Unable to read extension Archive."

I am logged in with my gmail account within the extension manager when i try to update it.

My pc is brand new,

windows 10 latest updates

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 and

8 Cores i7600 k @ 4.00GHz.

Is there something that can be done or Is there a way to manually download any update and install it in the pluggin directory OR to just run it through the extension manager by uninstalling and reinstalling it - and then providing the lisence again.

Thank you again,

It really has game changing potential and i think i speak for all the users that we are really pleased with your hard work and the pace you keep updating the product!

• Hello,

I'm sorry, but this behaviour is out of our control, as it is tied to the SketchUp Extension Manager.

These are upgrade workflows that work for me:

1. Simply upgrade
      Just upgrade using the SketchUp Extension Manager. Restart SketchUp afterwards. This works sometimes, but on occasion you get the mentioned error message.
    2. Uninstall & Install
      Uninstall Enscape, install again using the Extension Warehouse. Restart SketchUp between these steps or at the end.
    3. Download the rbz from our website
      You can download the rbz file from our website. Please note that we publish with a slight delay, because we want to wait for the SketchUp store approval and we need to perform some manual steps. You should also get an update notification which takes you directly to our website as soon as it is available. Once you have the rbz you can install it using the SketchUp Extension Manager or by unzipping it in the right folder.

Either way, you do not have to re-enter your license key. It is not stored in the plugin folder.