Educational license issues

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • My license works on one machine, but when I sign out, and then try to sign in on my laptop, it says the license is invalid. When I copy the license number back to the first machine, it accepts it. Would it matter that I have the newest version of Enscape on one machine and the last version on the other?

Just as another FYI, my current Enscape license is an academic version as I am an instructor. However, when I try to sign into the forum with that email, I keep getting an invalid password error message, but it won't allow me to change it, so I had to go back to an old account to post here on the forum. I'd appreciate some help in solving that issue also. Happy to share that email in a private message.

I appreciate some support with this. The license moving issue is brand new. The account issue has been going on for several months.

Thanks!

Diane Dieterich

• Official Post

dldieterich2 , right away, Forum accounts and educational accounts are not linked to each other, which means that you won't be able to just login to the forum using the e-mail which was used to acquire an instructor license. I can adjust the forum e-mail for you though if you can share the e-mail with me you wish to use in the future via a direct message.

Regarding the first issue, please also make sure to remove the license instead of just signing out, which will not free up the license for use on another machine. Excerpt from one of our knowledgebase articles regarding this subject:

To remove or deactivate an Enscape License Key, for example when you need to move the license to another machine, open the Enscape Account window via the Enscape ribbon in CAD and click the Licenses button. Then, click the Remove License Key button, which will unbind the license key from that machine whereby

If that doesn't help please also get in touch with educational@chaos.com detailing your problem and they'll be able to look into this further, although following the steps above should already help in this case.

• Good day! I also got a message that my license key has been deactivated because i have reached my fixed seats limit and when i update my enscape its said that it was deactivated. please help me out! I need this application for me to pass my requirements on friday. Thank you. can u please reset my license?

here is my machine fingerprint: vXArE50HxkGuf1WFtVssXZArU2rdcna4z6UbSICAyHM=

• Official Post

Good day! I also got a message that my license key has been deactivated because i have reached my fixed seats limit and when i update my enscape its said that it was deactivated. please help me out! I need this application for me to pass my requirements on friday. Thank you. can u please reset my license?

here is my machine fingerprint: vXArE50HxkGuf1WFtVssXZArU2rdcna4z6UbSICAyHM=

I've reset your license, please try activating Enscape once more. In the future please also kindly get in touch with education@chaos.com instead whenever you experience any license problems with your educational key. Thanks a lot. :)