Batch Rendering = Double the Rendertime

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I've noticed that in the latest version (and several previous versions) that rendertimes when using Batch Rendering are significantly longer; approximately double the time, depending on the scene. I've run several tests, and haven't been able to figure out the issue.

Version: 3.5.2

Output: 2550 x 1434 png

3 images, from 3 Scenes selected in the batch menu.

140sec = 47sec per image

1 still, rendered individually

21sec

I've tried:

Checking / unchecking "Save Enscape Sun Position" in the view menu. No affect.

Using all the standard resolution settings. No change.

Any insight would be appreciated.

• I've noticed this too, but I don't really mind about that

Enscape has to change the scene/view, change sun position/settings, FOV, and whatever sketchup settings are applied to that new scene... and even recalculate if you are using individual settings for each scene

If you render it individually you have to take into account the amount of time it takes YOU to change the scene manually and then press render again

I usually just press batch render and go for a 10 minute brake

• Hello, do you notice these slowdowns only with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing enabled? These slowdowns are expected because whenever the camera moves abruptly (and not smoothly) from one position to another, we recreate the structures that help us to perform ray tracing on the GPU.

If you render a still, the camera doesn't move so less things need to be processed for the capture.

If you think that this slowdown is not acceptable, I will ping Demian Gutberlet to continue the discussion so that this is reported properly.

• Hello, do you notice these slowdowns only with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing enabled? These slowdowns are expected because whenever the camera moves abruptly (and not smoothly) from one position to another, we recreate the structures that help us to perform ray tracing on the GPU.

If you render a still, the camera doesn't move so less things need to be processed for the capture.

If you think that this slowdown is not acceptable, I will ping Demian Gutberlet to continue the discussion so that this is reported properly.

What is the best practice for having your render 100% matching your SU scene?