Enscape Startup error

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello everyone,

When I launch Enscape on Revit 2024, i got this error message (translated from French):

"Impossible to find part of the access path 'C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Assets\Data'.

Your system has more than one graphics chip. If you continue to experience start-up problems, click on the link below for instructions on how to disable the integrated graphics chip. If this does not solve your problem, please visit our troubleshooting page to see if your graphics card is compatible with Enscape.

If the troubleshooting page doesn't help you solve your problem, please send us feedback by clicking on "send error report". We'll be happy to help"

I have followed the instructions in the link below but the problem persists.

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…20solution%20by%20Enscape.

My PC config: MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-064 17.3-inch -

Core i7-10750H

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Could you help me please?

Thanks

• Artorias75

Changed the title of the thread from “Esncape Startup error” to “Enscape Startup error”.
    • Official Post

Thanks a lot for your report Artorias75 - In such a scenario it's usually ideal to also just submit a feedback report with log files as we detail here, in your case specifically you can also just submit it by pressing the second button in the prompt "Envoyer un rapport".

Beforehand you can also try the following judging by the dialogue:

1. Regarding the multiple graphics chips error: Could you also try to also disable the Intel chip entirely as detailed at the bottom of our KB article here?

2. Regarding the Asset error: Could you please delete the folder %temp%\Enscape\Assets and restart Enscape? - You can also find the folder via this path: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Assets\

If the issue persists, is it possible that you are using the Offline Assets feature? If that is the case, is the issue resolved by turning the Offline function off, and on again? This will trigger an update, which may resolve this issue at hand.

I'd appreciate your cooperation and thank you once more for any further replies.

• Sadly I too have started getting this exact same error on projects that worked previously with Enscape.

If I start a brand new project with nothing in it but a single wall, I can get Enscape to run. But if I open any past project that has been using Enscape, I get this same startup error.

I've forced my system to use just a single GPU, and still get the error.

If I pick the option to fill out an Error Report on the dialog that appears when Enscape fails, it opens the report window, which after I put in my name freezes and then locks up Not Responding.

Help! We use Escape heavily with all our projects so this is a real big problem for us. I'll try running Enscape on a different computer here to see if it's just a problem with this particular machine as well.

We're running Revit 2024.1, and the machine that is having the problem is a Razer laptop with a NVIDIA 3080 in it with the latest drivers.

• Just some more info on this error.

I updated to the latest Enscape Beta.

If I start a brand new project from an empty template, Enscape runs without issue.

If I open a recently made simple project that hasn't run Enscape before, it runs without issue.

If I open an existing project that has used Enscape before, and have already run Enscape at least once, I get various Data Schema errors when opening that project, and if I accept to load the project (which over-writes the data schemas) then Enscape doesn't run, with the same "Error Starting Enscape: Value cannot be Null" followed by the message that I've got more than one GPU, etc.

Revit 2024.1 did make API changes to the Data Schemas that have been causing lots of plug-in errors, maybe some recent update to Windows or Nvidia graphics drivers is conflicting with this API change?

We'd love to get this working again, Enscape is a critical part of our day to day workflow and having it not run on our laptops it very painful. If we can't get this fixed this week we'll need to explore other options like TwinMotion, and move off of Enscape, for it really is the main way we interact with our clients now.

• Official Post

Thank you for your help!

I've followed the instructions you gave me, but the problem persists. I also have the following error message:

Thanks

Thank you both for your input.

Artorias75 , have you also already submitted a feedback report as requested? If so, did you perhaps use a different e-mail other than the one used for this Forum? Otherwise if you haven't yet it would still be great to receive for further troubleshooting.

JeffreyMcGrew , I am sorry to hear about that of course and also that it's not possible to submit a report currently - In that regard, could you please kindly just share what you posted here via our Help Center while also attaching the corresponding log files manually:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

Revit plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRevitPlugin

If you could also let me know once you've reached out to our technical support team using the Help Center (which we generally always reccomend doing in case of technical problems) kindly let me know thereafter so I can have a look as well myself. I appreciate your cooperation.

• I think i found the solution

I opend revit and loaded the asset library, then i did the same for material library, after fully loaded i started enscape and it worked properly, i think if you do the same, it'll be fixed, give it a try

• I think i found the solution

I opend revit and loaded the asset library, then i did the same for material library, after fully loaded i started enscape and it worked properly, i think if you do the same, it'll be fixed, give it a try

Sadly this did not resolve our issue, and we still can't get Enscape to run on this project on this machine.

I tried running Enscape with this project on a machine that only has a single GPU, and got the same error the first time I tried, but then was able to get it running the second time I tried. So it seems like we've still got the same issue, but it's intermittent.

• Sadly this did not resolve our issue, and we still can't get Enscape to run on this project on this machine.

I tried running Enscape with this project on a machine that only has a single GPU, and got the same error the first time I tried, but then was able to get it running the second time I tried. So it seems like we've still got the same issue, but it's intermittent.

I hope that you'll be able to solve this problem, keep us updated