Problem with panning and orbitting in Archicad when Enscape is open

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello,

I am having issues with panning and orbitting in Archicad when Enscape is open. When Enscape is open, every time I press shift + mmb to orbit or mmb to pan Archicad every other orbit/pan action doesn't work.

For example: I press shift and mmb to orbit. The first time the mouse just slides across the screen, no orbit action happens. Then I press shift + mmb again, and I can orbit once. Then the next time it doesn't work again, then the next time it does. And so on...

This behaviour is consistent in all my Archicad documents. When I only have Archicad open everything works normally. When I have Archicad + Enscape open the pan and orbit functions break.

I have updated to the latest version of Archicad, 26.5002 and the latest version of Enscape, 3.5.2+ 112393. The problem persists. I have also tried it with Archicad 26.4032 and Enscape 3.5.1+ 109642 as well

• Official Post

Thanks for your report and I'm sorry to hear about that.

Right away, I would advice in this case not pressing shift in the first place as you only need to right-click (instead of mmb) onto any objects in your scene to orbit around them. Just to share the basic control layout which you will also see after pressing "H" while in Enscape:

So of course whenever you wish to adjust the time of day itself you can press shift, right mouse button, and then move the mouse to the left or right. But, if you wish to just navigate around you do not need to make use of shift, unless you wish to move faster for example which shouldn't be a problem though as long as you're only using left-clicks (to look around) alongside.

Does this help, or do you also still run into problems while trying to use the Pan functionality using mmb without shift?

Kindly also let me know if I am missing something or if you have any further questions what so ever.

• Hello Damien,

Thank you for your response. The problem doesn't take place in Enscape, it takes place in Archicad when Enscape is open. The orbit and pan functions within Archicad turn problematic when Enscape is open, even though my hardware should be easily able to handle it. This problem came into existence when I updated to Enscape 3.5, but after downgrading again or trying different gpu driver versions, the problem persists.

• Official Post

Hello Damien,

Thank you for your response. The problem doesn't take place in Enscape, it takes place in Archicad when Enscape is open. The orbit and pan functions within Archicad turn problematic when Enscape is open, even though my hardware should be easily able to handle it. This problem came into existence when I updated to Enscape 3.5, but after downgrading again or trying different gpu driver versions, the problem persists.

Thanks a lot for your patience and for clarifying further - You might've seen it already, but (as per your separate support case via e-mail) one of my colleagues has also forwarded all your information and the provided scene to our developers for further troubleshooting.

You will receive a response back via e-mail and/or here after they've investigated the cause behind this behavior further soon.

Once more, thanks for your cooperation, it's appreciated.