Why material sparks/glitters? (no self-illumination on)

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hey alessandroj !
    Thanks for providing an example of your issue. From what I can see, I think two reasons are possible:
    a) - You might have the roughness dialed to a low volume and a bump map applied. Therefore the material is very reflective, but only certain parts of it are in an angle that allows you to see the reflection, causing these light sparks.
    b) - You might have a depth map applied that is too strong or inverted, causing the material to behave in a weird way.

For further analysis, could you please provide a screenshot of the material in the Enscape material editor? Thank you in advance

• Kaj Burival  alessandroj There's another option, I'm assuming this is SketchUp but it's probably the same for Revit etc.

If the thickness of the metal wall is very thin, eg 1mm, then it could be the backface showing through, a simple test would be to copy one of the sheets and give it a silly thickness such as 50mm and repeat the test.

• 0.9mm .. whist it’s nice to have real world accuracy it’s unnecessary for a lot of stuff.

It’s important that the wall is the correct height/width etc but an exact replication of its thickness and profile isn’t. I see this (and catch myself doing it) a lot.

I build models of buildings, not real ones (I leave that to builders) and as such I can simplify or even omit a lot of stuff, as a grossly simplified example it’s totally unnecessary to model the wires between a switch and a ceiling light even though they will exist in the real building BUT I will model something that looks like the switch and light.