Revit textures not showing in Enscape.

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi

I only got a few hours of experience in Enscape (3.5.2+ 112393), and I'm doing the whole "basics", as we need to have most materials ready to go in our Revit (2024) template.

However, I quickly ran into an issue, that only some textures from Revit was passed on to Enscape. I've tried phasing, generic texture, to no avail.

Then I tried copying the texture folder from revit (2024) base path "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\1\Mats" to "C:\Diverse\Textures\Mats", changed the texture path manually for the material, and then lo and behold, it worked.

Now, this seems like a bad workaround, and I'd like it, if the normal path would just work, anyone know how to get around that?

• Temporary, but fairly seamless, workaround can be found in this thread, by user TimothyDurant.

Basically, installing 2023 along 2024 fixed materials missing in Enscape. Don't know if it would help reinstalling 2024, or it's a problem with the plugin for Revit 2024.

• Hello everybody, I'm here to end your suffering with this issue. Hopefully, Enscape developers can apply this fix in the near future. For Revit 2024, the materials and textures have been moved to a different location/path that Enscape has designed to look for. The former locations are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\2023

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures

If you browse there, it's pretty much empty. So, here is the fix:

Although this step might not be necessary, I'd just do it for piece of mind

(Copy everything inside) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\4

then paste to

(Make a folder called 2023, if it's not there) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\2023

Last but not least, copy the Textures folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures

then paste to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\

That is all!

Cheers,

Kenny

• No. This is not necessary. Enscape renders what Revit sees. If Revit can't see the materials that's another issue. If they're custom materials in a custom project folder make sure to map an additional render path to that folder.