Enscape for Mac NOT working with SketchUp (Service Pack) 2023.1 (RESOLVED WITH LATEST RELEASE)

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

Trimble recently released a service pack, SketchUp 2023.1. Unfortunately we have determined that our currently released version of Enscape will crash with this service pack, with the following error message:

This problem will be resolved in our forthcoming new Mac release, which is expected this fall. Unfortunately in the meantime, the only way to resolve this issue is not to install the SketchUp 2023.1 service pack, and rather stay on the initial SketchUp 2023 release. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes!

If you experience any other problems or have any additional questions, just feel free to post them in this thread.

• Personally I think I’m going to give 2023 (any version) a complete miss, I played with it a while ago and it took ½ hour to decide to uninstall it completely and return to 2022.

Maybe by 2024 they’ll have fixed everything they broke.

• Oh riiiiight. This is why it keeps crashing then? I downloaded the newest version of Sketchup to my new Mac last week, then installed Enscape. It's been crashing periodically on me, and I only found out the reason by Googling it and arriving back here. Surely can't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to put some sort of disclaimer or information warning on the download page of the free trial to let people know? It's in your interests to do so - I had pretty much written off Enscape as buggy garbage until I read this thread.

Is there an actual date for the fix being released?

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Enscape for Mac NOT working with SketchUp (Service Pack) 2023.1” to “Enscape for Mac NOT working with SketchUp (Service Pack) 2023.1 (RESOLVED WITH LATEST RELEASE)”.