Force recalculate shadows

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Workflow: Revit 2021 + latest Enscape

Case: Larger models, apartment buildings, etc. with heavy 3D assets, etc.

Issue: sometimes, an entire object, face of a wall, a 3D text, or anything alike, does not update the shadows that have been casted on them, after moving the objects.

Practical example: I put a 3D commercial text object on facade of an apartment building in Revit. The object appeared in Enscape, and a shadow for it was calculated (I have no clue how Enscape works, but this is how it seems). Then I proceeded to move the text half a meter left, a bit up, whatever - but the original "shadow" remained on the facade, and does not update. Even if I change the time of day, it does not change.

It seems to take very large updates to the entire model, like "I'll return to check this out 30 minutes later" -type of behaviour, or, what always fixes is; restarting Enscape. Naturally, this is tidious.

Proposition: a hotkey or a menu item for a button that forcefully updates all the lighting conditions in the current scene. Or, treat is as a bug and fix it - I assume it has to do with how Enscape optimises some form of pre-calculating of shadows, so I have no clue.

It's a small issue, but annoying when the model is heavy and you're forced to restart it every now and then!

• I always toggle the automatic sync button to try and help with these case examples. I also toggle between views and view templates. I do end up having to close Enscape fully to resolve some of the time. So a dedicated button for this would be great.

• Furthering onto iCON N I experience the same issue and occasionally can get the shadows to update by hitting the stop sync button and turning it back on. I have also tried changing views and view sets. However, I am finding more and more when neither of these workarounds is getting the shadows to update. Instead, I am forced to close Enscape and restart the software entirely.