Lost "Custom assets" when upgrading from 3.2 to 3.5.3

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hi @thienmakt1 , thanks a lot for your post.

Right away if you haven't already, please also try a full reinstall of Enscape:

• Uninstall Enscape, then delete the following directories: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape, C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Enscape, C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape, C:\Program Files\Enscape
    • Reboot your machine, close out of SketchUp running in the background, then run our latest installer again.

Should that make no difference please kindly submit a feedback report for me so that I can investigate your log files as well for further troubleshooting. You'll just have to make use of our feedback button as detailed here to do so. In the feedback submission dialogue, you can simply copy what you've shared here and/or include a link to this forum thread.

I'd appreciate your cooperation, and please let me know as well once you've submitted the requested report. Thank you once more in advance!

• @thienmakt1 We had this issue a couple of months ago and when looking at the preview log it would have most likely been between 3.4 and 3.5. First, make sure your folder is still there and has all of your assets in it, if this is the case then follow below.

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, though we used this method on all 12 of our in-house machines that were experiencing this issue. You mostly need to force it to refresh. Let's say your custom assets folder is located in .../Desktop/Enscape/Enscape Assets instead of trying to just relink to this portion you will need to relink your custom assets folder one back. So relink it to .../Desktop/Enscape. Note this will take multiple minutes to load depending on how many assets you have. Let everything load in. Finally, Re-link to the original folder located in our example of .../Desktop/Enscape/Enscape Assets. You should find everything populating in your custom assets browser. After I did this fix it worked in every snapshot version and has held without redoing the fix for every version we have downloaded after the start of this problem.

• Thank you for the quick response from the Enscape team
    I tried removing Enscape as cleanly as possible following your instructions. It seems like the amount of custom assets lost is less, but not all.

Ver 3.4.3 All is ok.
    I will try again with other team computers and get back to you.

• @thienmakt1 We had this issue a couple of months ago and when looking at the preview log it would have most likely been between 3.4 and 3.5. First, make sure your folder is still there and has all of your assets in it, if this is the case then follow below.

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, though we used this method on all 12 of our in-house machines that were experiencing this issue. You mostly need to force it to refresh. Let's say your custom assets folder is located in .../Desktop/Enscape/Enscape Assets instead of trying to just relink to this portion you will need to relink your custom assets folder one back. So relink it to .../Desktop/Enscape. Note this will take multiple minutes to load depending on how many assets you have. Let everything load in. Finally, Re-link to the original folder located in our example of .../Desktop/Enscape/Enscape Assets. You should find everything populating in your custom assets browser. After I did this fix it worked in every snapshot version and has held without redoing the fix for every version we have downloaded after the start of this problem.

I will try it. Thank you very much.