Rendering error in ver. 2.4

• Hi.

We have an urgent problem with the newest release (both the newest official release and the preview just before that).

We have a special ceiling with perforated waves, and a lamella structure behind it. When we look in the viewport it looks perfect! just the right amount of transparency and so on:

But as soon as we click render, some strange shadows shows up:

We have tried everything, including:

- different perforated materials in different scales

- different lighting scenarioes

- different resolutions and render qualities

- different settings (inluding ambient brightness)

and nothing works.

can you help us out?

• The second image is certainly more accurate, the viewport tends to be a bit more blurry which might be desired in your case. I assume you use a cutout mask for this texture. I think it would work if you made the dot-holes in your texture a bit more grey instead of completely cut out.

After looking at it the second time: What do you mean by "shadows"? I only see a difference in the mask of the ceiling.

• The second image is certainly more accurate, the viewport tends to be a bit more blurry which might be desired in your case. I assume you use a cutout mask for this texture. I think it would work if you made the dot-holes in your texture a bit more grey instead of completely cut out.

After looking at it the second time: What do you mean by "shadows"? I only see a difference in the mask of the ceiling.

Thank you very much! I've played around a bit more, and finally got it to behave the way we wanted :-) The advice on doing a grey cutout with less transparency helped, and when we modified the geometry we eliminated the black lines more or less :-)