Mac > Enscape > SketchUp VR Headset Options

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I'm looking for a setup that works for :

• VR Headset (I currently have a MetaQuest but am willing to buy something else)
    • that works with Enscape (paired with :sketchup:)
    • and is ALSO compatible with a Mac

It appears that the VR Headsets that are compatible (according to this article) are all Windows-based.

Any solutions?

I don't want to leave Enscape for Lumion because of this issue.

I prefer not to purchase a Windows machine just for this purpose.

I love Enscape so far! Even the limited version for Macs has been impressive and helped me produce high-quality renderings quickly.

• I don't want to leave Enscape for Lumion because of this issue.

You would need a Windows PC to run any software in VR, it's not just an Enscape thing. And Lumion doesn't run on Mac anyway....?

Maybe things will change when Apple's Vision Pro comes out, but given the $3500 pricetag, you could buy a very capable Windows PC + VR headset.

• THANK YOU.

Can you please advise

- Will I need to buy an additional Enscape License to run on PC even though I already have licenses for our Mac-Based design firm?

- Recommended PC Laptop (portable) that can run SketchUp/Enscape, but isn't over $1k. I'm going to purchase the machine for this use only and would prefer not to drop too much$ into this.

• - Recommended PC Laptop (portable) that can run SketchUp/Enscape, but isn't over $1k. I'm going to purchase the machine for this use only and would prefer not to drop too much$ into this.

VR is about the most demanding thing you can do with a PC, under $1000 isn't going to get you very far. You would get more performance per $ in a desktop. For laptops I'd go w/ Lenovo Legion for best price + performance. The main thing that matters is the GPU. Something with a 4060 would be an absolute minimum, but the 4090 will be a much better experience.

Legion w/4060 - Legion w/4070 - Legion w/4080 - Legion w/4090

VR isn't like rendering, where spending a little less might just mean you wait a bit longer. Performance translates directly to how smooth things look in the headset. Many clients are already resistant to trying VR; if frames are choppy or you have to settle for a lower render quality, it doesn't help their experience and you won't be presenting your designs in the best light.