Enscape and Sketchup closes without error when rendering

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello!

Since today, everytime i render my project, sketchup and enscape is closing the pc down without any warining. who can help?

Sketchu Pro Version 23.0.419 64Bits

Enscape Version 3.5.3+117852

• Official Post

Hey visupro , on first listening it sounds like your graphics card driver might be outdated, or perhaps your graphics card is not getting enough power (did you change the power cord, recently, for excample?)
    In any case, we're petter equipped to assist you in this if you send us some feedback including log files we can use to analyze the issue.

You can send in feedback as described here: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…back-button-win-sketchup/

• Official Post

Hey visupro would you mind sharing the last email you received from our support team? If you don't want to share it openly, feel free to send it to me via private message. Thank you!

• Hi Andreas,

Thank you for contacting us at Enscape!

I've reviewed your logs, and I believe the error you're receiving is a leftover bug from Enscape 3.4 that involves how material data from the Enscape Material Editor is stored. Because the Enscape Material Editor adds additional material options outside of the native Sketchup options, the data is stored in the Program Files of the original machine. In previous versions, image files linked in the Enscape Material Editor were cleanly disconnected when the project moved from one storage location to another; however, this bug disrupted this disconnection and resulted in a corrupted image file.

I recommend performing a clean uninstall of your current version of Enscape using the steps below:

• Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.
    • Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button
    • Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape
      • C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape
      • C:\Program Files\Enscape
    • Then reinstall Enscape for all users as described here

After performing all these steps, it may still be necessary to manually review all textures in the Enscape Material Editor, looking for either yellow error warnings in the place of the texture image or transparency cutout textures that are png files. Clicking the “x” on any of these selections will disconnect the file data.

Additionally, please ensure that all project files are saved in a locally-installed storage device. Please be aware that Enscape will face serious performance issues when accessing folders linked to a network location, including through server drives and cloud storage services, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive. Any materials saved in any location such as these would need to be moved onto a local drive and re-mapped in Enscape’s Material editor.

If the issue still persists for you despite employing the above solution, then please submit some fresh logfiles via the Enscape Feedback button.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Hayley Smith

Customer Support Representative

• Hello,

Since I have installed the last version of Enscape 3.5 (free trial oct the 27th) and SketchupPro2023, Sketchup and Enscape are closing without any warning

My Nvidia driver (RTX 3060) are up to date (Oct the26th),

I'm drawing a simple Cube without any texture. I add a spotlight and instantly skechup and Inscape crash

I'm afraid to invest €500 in rendering software that struggles to display a spotlight.

• Official Post

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Forum.

Since this behavior can occur due to a variety of reasons, please kindly right away submit us a feedback report with log files, generally whenever you experience any technical difficulties with Enscape, especially of course crashes/freezes or similar:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…back-button-win-sketchup/

Feel free to also let me know once submitted so that I can have a look as well alongside our technical support team. In any case you'll receive a response/solution soon as well.

I appreciate your cooperation.