The impact of the graphics card (RTX 4090?) in Enscape VR.

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I've read several posts related to Enscape VR in the forum and drew a few conclusions:

1. The performance of VR improves to some extent with a better graphics card.
    2. However, there is still jittering even when using the 4090.
    3. It could be a problem related to DLSS.

As a user who is planning to actively utilize Enscape VR for my work, I'm wondering which graphics card I should purchase. If the functionality of VR upgrades satisfactorily, I'm willing to purchase an RTX 4090 without hesitation. However, I'm worried because there might not be as much effect in VR as expected.

Currently, I have a 3060ti and when using the Air Link feature on Oculus Quest 2, it works well without any lag - although jittering still exists. When I turned off options related to DLSS and ray tracing, it became very laggy and unusable but seemed like it had an effect on improving jittering.

In this situation, my thought is that if I go for an RTX 4090, perhaps these issues will be resolved; however, the problem is whether or not this would be too excessive of an expenditure. Ideally, I'd like to end with the 4080 if possible but since there are no meaningful results seen from forums about this specific model's performance with Enscape VR compared with others like RTX 4090 or lower versions such as mine (RTX3060ti), so now considering whether it's necessary or not purchasing an RTX 4090 directly has become my concern.

I'd like opinions from users who have used VR with the RTX 4090 in similar situations as me.

• I'm curious about this as well. I'm currently using a 3080 Ti, and our models only function well at medium quality. I'm wondering if the 4090 would make a significant difference in this regard. Anyone with experience using the 4090, your feedback would be appreciated.

• I've got a RTX 4090 in my laptop (so not quite as powerful as the desktop variant), I've been experimenting with it in VR using the Quest 2 - I don't have any prior VR experience to compare it to, but it seems to work very well; VR performance has been very smooth indeed at Ultra quality, I'm roaming/teleporting around my models pretty seamlessly, no intrusive stuttering or slowdown. There is some slight dithering on reflections etc, but I assume that's a VR thing not a GPU thing. Possibly something to do with your head never being quite still so Enscape can't properly resolve the reflections like it can when not using VR?

I have DLSS off by default, I'll toggle it on and see what effect that has, and report back.

Beyond that, I presume image quality is to a large extent dictated by the quality of the screen in the headset. I'd love to try the Quest 3, everything I've read suggests that's a serious upgrade in terms of resolution. Didn't have the budget for one of those unfortunately, questions of compatibility aside :(

If relevant, I've tried VR via Airlink and via the official Oculus Link cable, link cable seems to give a slightly more stable performance, but in terms of image quality I can't really tell the difference.

• I know this is an old post but, the best way I have found to use the quest wirelessly is using "Virtual desktop' much better than AirLink. Also I baught a WiFi 6 router and placed it close to my VR space which also improves the quality of the experience. Can say anyting about the GPU as I have a now old RTX2070.