Best VR headset for Enscape?

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hey all!

I have been wondering for a while which VR headset is perfect for Enscape. I already have a Meta Quest 2 for personal use (recently upgraded to a Quest 3 but haven't tried it out in Enscape).

The company I work at really wants to implement VR to our clients and are open to any VR headset. We really just want the best user experience, so wireless and easy to use/setup is essential.

I have been looking around for a while, but there are just so many different options and headsets to choose from. This forum seems like the best thing to do.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Following.

We use the meta quest 2 but I wasn't very happy about the user experience. I'd prefer a headset I could 100% drive from a computer at all times. The meta quest 2 tends to get disconnected from the computer, and the only way to reconnect it is to put it back on and jump through a bunch of menus. It's awkward.

IMO, in a client meeting, you should be able to drive everything from the computer, and at no point should you have to put it on to correct things. Anyone know if there are wireless headsets that work with Enscape that can deliver that?

• CBroekkamp

Changed the title of the thread from “Best VR headset for Enscape” to “Best VR headset for Enscape?”.
  • I just got the Quest 3 with a second party link cable. But it doesn't really work that well. On my laptop (with a rtx2070) it doesn't run smooth at all.

On my pc (with a amd RX6750XT) the shadows become blocks. And doesn't run very smooth either. Very disappointing.

I still have a oculus rift wich runs ok with enscape. But you can only get those second hand.

When is enscape going to update the VR capability? For me that was the reason to start using enscape

• I was looking around on the Enscape site and stumbled upon this article. This is for the Quest 2, but I will definitely try this with my Quest 3 if I've got the time.

How to Use VR for Project Presentations | VR in Architecture (enscape3d.com)

I am interested if you can get this to work. I just read you need steamVR. May be you can give me a call and we figure this out together. I am in Nijmegen. Company called artig design. See the web

• I am interested if you can get this to work. I just read you need steamVR. May be you can give me a call and we figure this out together. I am in Nijmegen. Company called artig design. See the web

I'm going to try to test the Quest 3 this week. I'll keep you updated :)

• Ik heb het geprobeerd met steam VR. Alle apps werken dan beter behalve Enscape. Stotterende en schokkende beelden. Ik heb het geprobeerd met mijn laptop en mijn pc. Met de pc gaat t iets beter. Maar ja die kan ik niet meeslepen naar de klant

Heb jij toen je dat deed ook een externe wifi router bij de laptop/pc gebruikt?

• Heb jij toen je dat deed ook een externe wifi router bij de laptop/pc gebruikt?

Nee ik heb een link cable (van kiwi, niet van Meta) gebruikt. Dat leek me net wat sneller dan alles via de wifi. Ook omdat in op youtube zag dat dat wel ging met de quest 2. Misschien dat enscape met de laatste updates meer data verstuurd of de quest 3 heeft meer data nodig om vloeiend te werken. Misschien toch een link cable van Meta gebruiken. Geen idee of dat sneller is. Stom allemaal, want met mijn oude oculus rift gaat het wel goed. Alleen is dat beeld wat minder scherp en je hebt nog meer kabels

• Nee ik heb een link cable (van kiwi, niet van Meta) gebruikt. Dat leek me net wat sneller dan alles via de wifi. Ook omdat in op youtube zag dat dat wel ging met de quest 2. Misschien dat enscape met de laatste updates meer data verstuurd of de quest 3 heeft meer data nodig om vloeiend te werken. Misschien toch een link cable van Meta gebruiken. Geen idee of dat sneller is. Stom allemaal, want met mijn oude oculus rift gaat het wel goed. Alleen is dat beeld wat minder scherp en je hebt nog meer kabels

Ik heb zelf een officiële Meta Link Cable, maar ik hoop dat de connectie goed genoeg is om het via AirLink te doen. Ik ben er nog niet aan toe gekomen om het zelf te testen. Hopelijk vandaag. Heb Enscape een tijdje geleden gestest op mijn oude Quest 2 met de Link Cable en dat werkte voor mijn gevoel prima, maar dat kan ik nu natuurlijk ook anders ervaren. Ik laat het je weten!