Enscape auto renewals - be aware they do not notify you before taking payments!!!

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have had an issue of two auto renewals going through our account without any notice beforehand that a payment was being taken. Every other software company we deal with will notify us that a auto renewal is due beforehand so we can renew our usage. In this case we only wanted one license.

The support have been very unhelpful and said we can not a refund for the licence we do not want. They do not answer my questions or provide me with their complaints procedure.

Another concern is that our credit card is still linked to the account and there does not appear to be any way to remove our details. Obviously we have taken off auto renewals but they are still holding our credit card details (we were unaware they did this when we signed up).

We would like other uses to be aware of these issues so they do not find themselves in our position. I also would ask Enscape to look at their auto renewal process and bring in line with other software companies otherwise you will have a lot of unhappy clients who will look for alternative products.

• Official Post

Thank you for your post KOctober and welcome to our Forum.

While I can certainly understand the frustration here entirely, we did get back to you right away and replied to your inquiry accordingly. Allow me to simply share what we've sent you after your request in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread and has similar concerns:

"As stated in our EULA, it is outlined that changes to the subscription need to be made at least 30 days prior to the renewal date in order to avoid further charges. This policy is designed to ensure a smooth process and provide sufficient time for changes to be made.

Unfortunately, as the seat downgrade was not processed within the specific time frame, we are unable to process a refund. However, as we want to assist you in resolving this matter, we can downgrade your seat now, you will retain access to both seats until the current term ends."

And a direct excerpt from the EULA in this regard which had to be agreed to before subscribing:

"You shall notify Chaos in writing at least 30 days prior to expiration of the fee modification notice period. In this case Chaos will be, at its sole discretion, entitled to terminate Your Subscription and/or Agreement at the end of the fee modification notice period, or keep the current terms unchanged"

If you wish to have your Credit Card details removed entirely, kindly get in touch once more with our licensing department as you've done prior and they'll gladly assist you further.

Last but not least, I've forwarded your feedback to allow for monthly payment reminders, although I reckon this is likely not anything we will implement soon and instead we reccomend immediately canceling your monthly subscription in this example right away next time, if you wish to only use Enscape for a single month.

Just so you're aware. Let me know as well in case you have any further inquiries regarding Enscape what so ever.

• I think you reply just demonstrates that my concerns are valid. You do not tell customers in advance that a payment is going to be taken from their account (which ever other company I deal with does) but just take a payment then hide behind small print. This is not an insignificant amount but over £700 that they have taken for an annual renewal we do not want.

I would suggest to anyone using this software - do not allow auto renewals and do not let them have your credit card details otherwise you too could end up paying for software you do not need.