Refresh while enabling Layers-On - Freezes in Latest Enscape 3.5.4.7

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

The last two iterations of updates and also including the latest one for Rhino 7 (Engine 3.5.4.7 - Version Enscape-3.5.4+119962, October 2023) still hangs everytime a layer is turned on. In my case it is relatively a large pool of geometry in the layer and also the associated texture map is very high-res. I can only see the command-line where it states "..updating from version 3 to 4" as it seems to cycle forever! My only workaround is to close out of Enscape and then toggle all the layers and then launch Enscape again - Very fustrating!

Peter

• Official Post

Hi Peter_Dang_Oslo , we're actually close to releasing another service pack planned to come out tomorrow (Enscape 3.5.5) which will tackle this specific behavior.

I'll post the link to the announcement here as well once available! Thank you for just a bit more patience in this regard.

• Thank you for the updated info Demian Gutberlet . This morning, I also noticed that Enscape also freezes and/or lags for a long time when I try to group a sizeable set of meshes! It gives me the same message "Updating ..xx layer from version 3 to 4". I am working with large city masterplan models with relatively simple triangulation and populating the landscape and streets with Enscape assets.

• Official Post

Thank you for the updated info Demian Gutberlet . This morning, I also noticed that Enscape also freezes and/or lags for a long time when I try to group a sizeable set of meshes! It gives me the same message "Updating ..xx layer from version 3 to 4". I am working with large city masterplan models with relatively simple triangulation and populating the landscape and streets with Enscape assets.

Could you kindly now also try 3.5.5 to see if that may help in this case:

https://enscape3d.com/download/

If the update makes no difference, please also definitely submit us a feedback report with logs:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…eedback-button-win-rhino/

Just to make very sure that we're not missing anything in addition. Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation.