Sketchup crash when adding lights/spot in Enscape objects 3.5 - ruby

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,
    It seems after we updated from Enscape 3.5.0 to 3.5.2 or 3.5.4 our Sketchup 2022 - 22.0.354 crash "randomly" when we are trying to insert lights (spot) in Enscape objects.
    It does happen about 40% of time. I've tried:
    - Do this on clean model = same error

- Do this when Enscape window is ON/OFF = no change

- Uninstall and install Enscape from scratch also with registry cleanup = no change
    - Check/Update to latest Nvidia drivers or switch from Game to Studio = no change

Graphics:

GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2

GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 537.58

Generated logs:

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><BugReport><BsSndRptVersion>3.13</BsSndRptVersion><AppInfo><Vendor>su22win</Vendor><AppName>SketchUp</AppName><Version>22.0.354</Version><CrashType>Windows.Native</CrashType><FullDump>false</FullDump><Description><![CDATA[en-US]]></Description></AppInfo><ReportOccurence><User><Name><![CDATA[]]></Name><Email><![CDATA[]]></Email><IPAddress><![CDATA[192.168.1.148]]></IPAddress></User><DateTime>2023-11-01 09:16:21</DateTime><Description><![CDATA[]]></Description><MFA>x64-msvcrt-ruby270!0003eec0</MFA><SessionUpTime>33</SessionUpTime><TotalUpTime>930281</TotalUpTime><LaunchCount>198</LaunchCount><TotalCrashCount>12</TotalCrashCount></ReportOccurence></BugReport>

When I checked the dump it created following was found

Then I asked OpenAI to analyse this and he wrote following

Can you please investigate this somehow or suggest what can we do to eliminiate this? It's really bad thing to experience randomly.

There seems to be another threads but no solution provided there

immediate crash after placing lighting - Sketchup 2022 Pro
    3.5 - Crash on Placement of Enscape Lights
    Crashing inserting linear lights

• Sovietovic

Changed the title of the thread from “Sketchup crash when adding lights/spot in Enscape objects 3.5” to “Sketchup crash when adding lights/spot in Enscape objects 3.5 - ruby”.
    • Official Post

Sovietovic , welcome to our Forum.

Whenever you experience any crashes with Enscape or generally technical issues, please also submit a feedback report with log files right away to our technical support team so that we can troubleshoot this further, given that behaviors like this may occur for different reasons we might have to analyze further:

https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

In the submission form itself you can simply copy-paste what you've written here (minus the log files / crash dump information that we receive anyway), which is more than sufficient.

Please feel free to also let me know once submitted, and thank you in advance.

• Official Post

Thanks. I've submitted form on Friday Demian Gutberlet from my test computer. Let me know if there will be something additional required. I've also tried to upgrade to 3.5.5 but no change.

I'm afraid after checking out your report it seems that you are not using a valid Enscape license. In this regard we cannot offer any support unfortunately until a legit subscription/license is acquired and used.

We hope you'll understand. Let me know in case we are missing anything here or such.

• Demian Gutberlet - FYI, I encounter this issue frequently. I am in the habit of saving before adding Enscape lights, but sometimes forget and get a crash. Been having this issue for multiple releases.

I'll happily take over this bug report if need be :) .

jfyi: The only workaround to this case seems to be to open another SKP model where lights are already added and copy/paste them from there. Then it seems to not crash SKP anymore.

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet - FYI, I encounter this issue frequently. I am in the habit of saving before adding Enscape lights, but sometimes forget and get a crash. Been having this issue for multiple releases.

I'll happily take over this bug report if need be :) .

jfyi: The only workaround to this case seems to be to open another SKP model where lights are already added and copy/paste them from there. Then it seems to not crash SKP anymore.

Thank you both for the further response.

Just also for your information, this is still filed as a bug we're currently working on internally, we just also need to wait on Trimble to reach back out to us for cooperation. I'll make sure to inform you once more after a service pack / preview is released with the fix included.

As always, if you do experience any other problems in the meantime, make sure to forward them as well using the feedback button / help center.