Linked Rhino .3dm in Revit - How To Link Materials and Assets

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello!

I've searched high and low for a clear tutorial on this but I'm having trouble finding a straightforward How-To. Here's my situation (I'm sure it's nothing new)

In Rhino, I've created a landscape model that surrounds a void of a building. It has hundreds of assets placed based on a landscape CAD drawing. This model was previously used for quick iteration on massing and rendering, but now the time has come to finalize the massing and transition to Revit. I've linked this landscape .3dm model into Revit, but all of the asset materials don't transfer over, just their geometry. I've tried switching the link from overlay to attachment and this Revit model doesn't show phases to my knowledge.

I don't have enough time to rebuild the entire site model and replace all of the assets in Revit manually. Is there any way to do this automatically. And if there is, can someone explain it very clearly step by step?

Model in Rhino with assets + materials:

How the rhino model looks in Enscape for Rhino:

The Linked .3dm file in Revit (in blue)

How it looks in Enscape for Revit:

Thank you in advance for anyone able to help me!

• I don't have enough time to rebuild the entire site model and replace all of the assets in Revit manually. Is there any way to do this automatically. And if there is, can someone explain it very clearly step by step?

This is not possible at the moment I'm afraid.

You'd basically need program a custom rhino importer for Revit that transfers the enscape assets from Rhino to Revit families one by one, making sure to assign the right metadata. In theory it's possible, if you're into programming and have a lot of time on your hands :) I